Trying to lose weight with an underactive thyroid

katiescarlett73
katiescarlett73 Posts: 2 Member
I've recently been told by my doctor that my thyroid is underactive. Is anyone else on here dealing with this and trying to lose weight? Looking for advice. Thanks!

Replies

• Angelsoulgal
    Angelsoulgal Posts: 1 Member
    Hiya
    I also have an underactive thyroid (was diagnosed 11 years ago). My weight has been up and down over the years but I'm losing weight again now, I've lost 9.5 lbs in the last 7 weeks. Our weight loss will be slow due to the thyroid. Are you taking levothyroxine? If you are once you're taking the correct dosage for the range your in (TSH) you'll slowly be able to lose weight too. I often describe myself as the 'hare' and I want to lose another 3.5 stone but I know I'll lose it slow and steadly and so can you.
  • roscoe1998
    roscoe1998 Posts: 323 Member
    I've just been diagnosed and started medication 3 days ago. I have always struggled with my weight, so slow weight loss is nothing new to me. It has taken me 6 months to lose 15 pounds, but I'm hopeful once my levels are correct it might be a little easier. I'm just going to continue with my diet and excersise and keep on plugging along.