Time for a change

Options
v9370rigrpx0.jpeg

I’m sure everyone here has that moment where they look at a picture - or even in the mirror - and they say enough is enough.

This is that picture for me. This picture was what I needed to push myself, so this morning I re-downloaded MFP and made a new account so I can get started on the right foot.

If anyone else is new and would like to become friends, I would love that! I’d like to follow people who are just starting out too. :)

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest perhaps adding a few people who have been logging for a while too. When I had my "moment of clarity" I added a bunch of people who started around the same time as me, I have maybe 5 or 6 of them still left on my friend list, the rest having dropped off the face of the earth after a couple of weeks or months.

It's nice to have people who are in the same boat, but not everyone has the sticking power, I also found there was a lot of misinformation being posted amongst newer members like "I'm on 1200 calories and not losing weight it must be starvation mode", "You're gaining muscle not fat" etc. Whereas, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on the forums who have been maintaining for years and will give sensible factual advice such as to re-examine your logging if you're not seeing weight loss.
  • Lynn_091819
    Lynn_091819 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I recently did the same, you can do this!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

Sent a friend request. Don't forget to make your newsfeed and diary public.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Feels odd to say "welcome" as I just started using this app/website, but welcome!

I'll send a request. :)