How do you push yourself through a workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tricepticon
    Options
    I freebase bull shark testosterone in the locker room.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Quitters never win, and winners never quit.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I think about the 3 doctors that told me I was going to die. I picture myself giving them the finger. I'm not even supposed to be alive in 2013.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion:

Awesome workout music that gets you pumped!!

Sometimes when a certain song comes on, it gets me all reved up and I push that extra bit!

Make a kick *kitten* play list AND ROCK OUT!! :drinker:
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    i just mentally talk to myself saying better than doing nothing! you will just be bored at home, be productive! Or like that new commercial thats out not sure if gatorade or nike but they all kepp saying ONE MORE! I have been doing that to myself too just saying 1 more mile, or one more segment, ONE MORE! It helps out A LOT!
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    I collect a LOT of stats, and have my own spreadsheets set up. This means that there are a lot of incremental goals and PBs to aim for (not least because I am just starting out, so achievements are relatively easy).

By way of example, I keep a mile-split leader-board with my twenty fastest times. At the moment, if my fastest mile doesn't figure somewhere in my top twenty, then I haven't pushed myself hard enough ...

Or, this month, today in fact, I have just achieved my PB of overall distance run/walked for the month - it's a measly 75 miles, I DID say I was starting out, but now I'm on fire to get 100 miles for the month.

Basically, the race is long, and in the end it's only against yourself ... :)

HTH