SAHMs 7/19-7/25

Options
We are a group of FABULOUS sahm's who are committed to our good health goals. We are informal but do challenge each other too. and we totally get the unique roles we play and the struggles that follow in trying to get fit and take care of our families and homes. :) come join the conversation at any time. we welcome newcomers!

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Trish- you look amazing in those pics!!!!!

I was thinking of you Trish and Katie yesterday with all of the cleaning I was doing. MIL is coming into to town for 2WEEKS!:grumble: :noway: And she is a clean freak!

I lost another pound! Whatever I am doing, I am going to stick with it! I am 1/2 way to my goal!:drinker: :drinker:
  • leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I love the idea of this group. My son will be two in December, but I am thinking ahead, I want to be the hot mom in the PTA! lol, just kidding, but he runs around ALOT, and I just want to be able to keep up with him, and be around for as long as I can to see his smiling face.
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi all!

Nicole--trying to find my house under all the piles here too! Good luck

Leesey--Welcome! This is a great group of moms who understand the challenges of loosing weight & keeping up w/ kids. It has been quiet here. I think because we are all outside & running around w/ our kids. Chime in anytime w/ your goals, frustrations & well just about anything!

Goals

Water--8 glasses--4 down already
    Stay under my calories!!!! Didn't do so well over the weekend. Traveling is always murder for me.
    Bike ride twice this week.

Have a great day!

Kim
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Nicole, I have a 2yo. The house is NEVER clean. LOL. And thanks for the compliment :)

Leesey, welcome aboard.

I wanted to go to the gym this morning, but the church primary presidency decided to have a meeting at 10 that I needed to be at (which lasted till noon). I was going to go while Grace napped, but she's just barely going down. At this point it would be better to just go when the daycare reopens at 5, or wait till hubs is home at 6 & really enjoy some worry-free gym time. I think I'm liking the latter

In other news, my blog won a health & fitness award. I was surprised. I didn't think anyone read it. Then I got to thinking "why stop at 1 award? Maybe I can change people's lives if I can just get more exposure!" So I also nominated it for 4 blogger's choice awards. If you'd be interested in helping it reach the top, you can click the buttons on my blog (on the right side) and vote:
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Nicole~Good luck with the MIL! I know the feeling of having someone over who is a clean freak. Out of neccesity I have started to turn into one myself and I am noticing that it is affecting my health. It's driving me crazy! On a good note I am liking having a clean house.

Leesey~Welcome to an awesome group of Moms!!!

Kim~I have noticed that any change in the routine always throws it out of balance! Good luck on the goals.

Trish~Way to go on the blog!

Goals this week LOG my food and get enough water.
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, I haven't been on much other than to log food. Hubby says I'm ALWAYS on the computer and I don't wanna upset him so thought I should lay off it a bit. Also its the last week of school here so I am trying to get as much work done as possible so I don't have to worry about it all summer.

Going camping next week and will only have 1 hob to cook on. Anyone know of some protein rich meals that I can cook for us on one hob? Oh and something that can be stored without the use of a fridge. Or some workouts I can do in a tent?
  • blessdmomof4
    blessdmomof4 Posts: 125
    Options
    Trish- pix are amazing!

Katie- Congrats on the offer on the house

Katiem- good luck getting back on track w/ the food logging. I'm trying to do that too.

Nicole- Yay! 1/2 way to the goal. Have you been able to run or is your Achilles still bothering you?

Kim- So glad the cortizone has helped. I have heard great things about those shots. I know you'll find your way into a new routine that you like soon.

Me- get off your lazy but and get to work LOL. Sometimes I need to be stern w/ myself lol.

I hurt my neck after I did Taebo last week. Actually I had injured it doing hand weights the week before and I re injured it last week and it is now just starting to feel better. I rested for a few days but was able to jog and walk this morning. I jogged 3 miles and walked about 2. I was going to walk the whole time but it's really hard to just walk now b/c I feel like I"m going sooooo slow and getting nothing accomplished. Ironically I don't go much faster when I am jogging, especially uphill, but at least I sweat more. I've been sporadic about logging food but I'm really going to press in this week. TOM is almost over and it's the perfect time to get back in the swing of things and see some results!

My jogging goal for the summer is to jog 100 miles by September. I am almost 1/2 way there but I'm going to have to kick it in to high gear if I want to hit my goal...I'm looking forward to running on vacation in a few weeks on the beach...or at least near it. I don't know how I would like running in the sand lol.

Have a great week ladies!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Princess~Sorry I am not of much help with those questions. I wish I was but I haven't been camping in over 10 years. :( Too crazy with the amount of children that I have and how close they are.

Melissa~Getting injured is always a pain! Hope you fully recover soon.

Well I found the "key" to get back on and go at it again. So I decided to try to kick myself in the butt to get myself going again......so I weighed (1st time in 3 weeks) and measured (same amount of time). Since I have started this journey I have lost 5 3/4" off hips and almost 3" off my waist!!! If that isn't enough to get me going again I am not sure what will! I have done awesome at logging my food today and have some exercise planned for later today. It feels great to be having the hubby looking at me like he has today because of that renewed self confindence (sp?)! Lol Boy what a good dose of it does!!! Any who I best get back to the house and the kids so they don't get into too much trouble. hahaha Hope you all are having a great week!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Melissa- The achilles is bothering me a little bit, but not too bad and definitely not when I run, I have just been running 2 miles and taking it really slow. I hope your neck gets better!

Princessleia- We take eggs, they can go without being cold for a while, and beans for protein. I am not sure what a hob is???

Katiem-That is so great how many inches you have lost!!!!! that realyl helps me when I see that!

Nothing much to report...tring to drink all my water today!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    I just wanted to say I logged my food all day today, got my water in AND exercised today! I just kept thinking about my goals when I wanted to give in and how far I have already come! My kids even tell me how much they see a difference. Since the beginning of the year I have lost a total of 22 lbs, I lost 5 lbs before starting MFP! I did struggle through my workout but hey I will get there right?!

Well I am out for the night!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! This week has been so hard! Filled with going away lunches and parties...ugh :( We leave for OH on Tuesday! I may not be able to check in after next week for a while. We'll be swinging a mortgage and rent payment Aug 1st, so internet and cable are out of the question.

I do have to tell you a funny story. Our house was getting inspected yesterday, I returned towards the end and was putting milk in the fridge and noticed a bottle of beer next to the fridge. I'm like, that's weird, I cleaned before I left and don't remember that being there. I pick it up and it's still cold. I ask the house inspector if he took it out of the fridge, and he said, No, when I came in you fridge door was wide open and thought it was weird. Maybe a realtor came by and showed the house. I go, well, they need to call before they show the house. So I just stuck it back in the fridge...it was just him and a guy from down the street (he is friends with the people that are buying the house and since they are in WA he stood in for them)...so one of them tried to hijack a beer! Really, people?!? At 10am? LOL

Maybe I should have given it to him to give us a good report?? haha!

Oh and another fun story, I reconnected with someone at the pool yesterday, and she said that she was PCS'g next week, and I said me too! I asked where she was going and she said WPAFB, same as me! So now I have 3 potential friendships up there! So excited! Since we only have 15 months, this makes me excited. That's usually how long it takes for me to find a good friend :):)

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I just put up a new post on my blog :)
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Trish- I checked out your blogspot! Nice work! It looks cool!

Things are going great here! My hubby took MIL with him to work, so it's been normal here, but they will be back tonight......
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Trish~I tried to vote for your blog but having troubles with them sending me the confirmation email so that I can setup an account with them to vote for you.

I have been doing good on logging my food since Tuesday check-in. It really feels great to be back on track! Hope everyone is having a great week. We are looking forward to some celebrations for Utah this weekend. Tomorrow the city that we live in is having a parade and the kids are all wound up about it and really excited. After they will be having fireworks so that ought to be fun as well.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    hi ladies! i've been mia lately. just focused on other stuff. plus didn't want to write the same ol' excuses.

on the + side--i walked 3mi on monday, have been drinking lots of water, and have gone to the pool a lot with kids.

on - side--junk food. nuff said.

will chk back later. tomorrow we're going to st george for the day for pioneer day--the fireworks are what we're most looking forward to
    later--stacey
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    trish--i read your post and commented--but forgot to leave my name. i'm not a flake.....

also--LOVE your background. i love the colors and pattern--gorgeous!

katie--congrats on the house--and having new friends in OH. makes so much of a difference.

later all. (hugs) and ROCK ON!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    So glad to see you back, Stacey. Was planning on sending you a message if you didn't show up soon ;)

Enjoy Pioneer Day! We are going up to Spud Land (Idaho) for fam reunion.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Alrighty girls, this is my last check in for a while. We will be moving on Tuesday, and I have no idea when we'll get internet set up at the house. With doing double payments (rent/mortgage) We won't be able to afford any extras for a little bit. I do have facebook on my phone if you want to keep in touch, my name is Katie Larimore :)

Take care!!