Are my calories too low?

My goal is to lose 7-10kg. I’m a girl, 5.2ft,18 years old and weigh 59kg. I workout 5 days per week. Monday I do full body workout and this includes weights and some cardio. Tuesday I do kickboxing. Just some pad work. Wednesday I do lower body so weights and 10 minutes of HIIT. Thursday I do kickboxing. Friday I do upper body so it’s weights and 10 minutes of HIIT. Saturday I do a light dancing workout. Sunday rest day. The rate of losing is set to 0.2kg per week. My activity level is set to lightly active. Mfp gave me a daily goal of 1500 cals. I don’t eat back my exercise cals cause I don’t know how much I actually burn. I’m guessing like 100cals or maybe bit more. So in total I eat like 1400 cals daily. daily. Do you think my cals are too low?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Try it for a while and see. It sounds about right. Log your food. Keep good records.

Eat more on exercise days. I figure 200-300 more per hour of intentional exercise, minimum.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    You should eat at least some of your exercise calories back, you may not be certain they are accurate but you can be certain it's not zero. Other than that it looks like a reasonable plan, monitor your actual results over 4-6 weeks and adjust accordingly if your actual average rate of loss differs from your intended rate of loss.
  • wmd1979
    wmd1979 Posts: 469 Member
    MilllaS536 wrote: »
    My goal is to lose 7-10kg. I’m a girl, 5.2ft,18 years old and weigh 59kg. I workout 5 days per week. Monday I do full body workout and this includes weights and some cardio. Tuesday I do kickboxing. Just some pad work. Wednesday I do lower body so weights and 10 minutes of HIIT. Thursday I do kickboxing. Friday I do upper body so it’s weights and 10 minutes of HIIT. Saturday I do a light dancing workout. Sunday rest day. The rate of losing is set to 0.2kg per week. My activity level is set to lightly active. Mfp gave me a daily goal of 1500 cals. I don’t eat back my exercise cals cause I don’t know how much I actually burn. I’m guessing like 100cals or maybe bit more. So in total I eat like 1400 cals daily. daily. Do you think my cals are too low?

If MFP gave you a goal of 1500, and you are not eating any exercise calories back, then why are you only consuming 1400 daily? I can understand not wanting to over-estimate your calorie burn, but you should at least eat what MFP recommends.
  • MilllaS536
    MilllaS536 Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2019
    Try it for a while and see. It sounds about right. Log your food. Keep good records.

Eat more on exercise days. I figure 200-300 more per hour of intentional exercise, minimum.

Thank you.
  • MilllaS536
    Eat 1500 + at least half your exercise calories. Watch your trend weight and adjust as needed.

Yeahh, thank you
  • MilllaS536
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    MilllaS536 wrote: »

If MFP gave you a goal of 1500, and you are not eating any exercise calories back, then why are you only consuming 1400 daily? I can understand not wanting to over-estimate your calorie burn, but you should at least eat what MFP recommends.

Yeah I guess. Thank you
  • MilllaS536
    Panini911 wrote: »
    If you are consistantly losing at .2kg/.5lb a week that sounds reasonable. How long have you been tracking?

If that continues i'd say you are on the right track given you are already in healthy weight range.

how accurate is your logging? do you use a food scale for all foods and double check entiies in MFP? crate your own foods using base ingredients VS chosing meals in the database?

I’ve been tracking for 2 weeks now. Yes I use a food scale and double check. I use the bar code to scan some of the food. Thank u for your reply!