Looking for friends !

Options
jwice78
jwice78 Posts: 25 Member
Been on here for about a month looking for friends for motivation and strength to keep going I need to lose 60 pounds for healthy reasons but also to keep it up having to go for a risky surgery in next few months which scary .. add me if you like ;)

Replies

• mrvivinwales
    mrvivinwales Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my story so far if you would like to add me as a friend you are welcome my diary is open so it may give you a few ideas
    It was only 3 years ago that to be able to walk without pain was impossible 20 yards and then the pain set in, I would have to stop and rest then try to go a little further before the pain set in.
    I was suffering from (diabetes 2) I am a male I was 17 Stone 3 Lbs aged 67 years and the fear of amputation and losing my sight became very real!
    I live alone in an upstairs flat I knew if something bad happened I would have to move out of my flat which I love, and my prospects of a good life were going to go down the drain! It frightened me so much I changed my lifestyle, and after doing quite a lot of research I decided to go on a low carb high-fat diet without exercise because of the pain.
    Well move on 3 years diabetes has reversed, I am no longer on medication and at the age of 70, I walk along the promenade 1.2 miles every morning without any pain weather permitting breathing in the sea air. If not I have a mini exercise bike so I do 30 minutes on that while watching the telly lol I really hope this story will encourage whoever is feeling a bit down you can beat diabetes! Effort yes, without doubt, rewards wonderful. Good Luck PS 71 now and feeling great.
  • mrvivinwales
    mrvivinwales Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ps 12stone 7lbs, now but I did go down to 11stone 7lbs, a 6stone loss but on a mission now to lose another stone