What goals are YOU setting?

Options
Momjogger
Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
edited July 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
After losing 25 pounds in 5 months, and adjusting my diet and exercise plan, I’ve set some goals and tacked them on my fridge. Here are mine:
Fitness goals, lift 3 times a week (back and chest, bi’s and tri’s, shoulders and lower body) cardio 2 to 3 times a week, yoga every other week, core 5 minutes 3 times a week, stretch daily, walk the dog daily and twice daily on the weekends.
Nutrition: protein shake, egg whites, or chicken breast after lifting, complex carbs - fruit and veggie smoothie or whole fruit an hour before exercise, green vegetables daily, hit my goal of 100 grams of protein a day, 7 veggies and 3 fruits daily, do NOT feel guilty on cheat day and track even on cheat day.
What are your goals?

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Summit Sahale and Black Peaks, thru hike the Enchantments in a day, have fun cycling and skiing.
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    aes1219 wrote: »
    End of summer goals:

That do you mean end of summer, it's just barely started!
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My only goal is to get to goal weight. I find that if I have dietary requirements it bogs me down with details. My life is as complicated as it can be already.
  • Momjogger
    Options
    1.) To not judge my fitness or health based on a number on a scale. Been there-done that. At my thinnest I was my most unhealthy.
    2.) To master the "Fallen Angel" pose in yoga
    3.) To get back to running and to run at least 10 miles before the end of the year.....once the ortho clears me to run again. :(

I don’t know that pose. I’ll have to look it up! Good goals.
  • Momjogger
    Options
    hixa30 wrote: »
    My only goal is to get to goal weight. I find that if I have dietary requirements it bogs me down with details. My life is as complicated as it can be already.

I understand. I hate thinking about food too much, so I meal prep and plan, so the diet part is easy to put into place because it gives me a focus and then once it is prepped, I just grab and go. I really need the extra protein and veggies to keep me on track and I had to add weight lifting to jump start me from a plateau.
  • Momjogger
    Options
    Summit Sahale and Black Peaks, thru hike the Enchantments in a day, have fun cycling and skiing.

That sounds amazing. I love to ride my bike and you’ve inspired me to hike more!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hm. Ok, actually stick to my cut and get to the end, not just stop once I start to feel comfortable with how I look, and most importantly - reverse diet out of it properly so that hopefully and in theory, I can maintain a new level of BF% and not just keep yo-yo-ing like I usually do.
  • darklyndsea
    darklyndsea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been walking this one trail (paved suburban trail, not a *real* trail) near me. I looked it up and it's 7.9 miles long. I've only walked about 1.5 miles of it so far, and my goal for now is to walk all of it, which will involve a walk of 18 miles total (walking to the trail, walking the trail from the end near me to the other end, walking back, and returning home). Before I accomplish it, I hope to feel in good enough condition to start running a little bit.

My next strength training goal is to start bodyweight exercises.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    To me the healthiest version of me that I can be--and to be able to get up off the floor without using something to grab on to.
  • TheRobotsAreComing
    TheRobotsAreComing Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My overall weight loss goals seem to big to consider as a whole, so I'm breaking it down to half stone increments so I don't feel overwhelmed. First half gone, many more to come but I feel rejuvenated and ready to go again instead of discouraged by the long road ahead.
  • Momjogger
    Options
    My overall weight loss goals seem to big to consider as a whole, so I'm breaking it down to half stone increments so I don't feel overwhelmed. First half gone, many more to come but I feel rejuvenated and ready to go again instead of discouraged by the long road ahead.

That is a great motivational goal. I love it!
  • Xiao_Ya_
    Xiao_Ya_ Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    For me, weight loss is secondary, strength and fitness and ability to enjoy life to fullest is first.
    1) I wish to regain the strength I had two years ago, being able to run 5 miles, do 200 pushups, competitively ice dance, etc. I have currently fallen out of all.
    2) I wish to drop my current 103 lbs back to 90 lbs like I used to be. So I can wear my clothes again (and my corset would be loose again!)
    3) I wish to eat to promote cleansing and wellness throughout the whole body, so it will supplement my exercise.
    4) Through all this, I hope I can sleep better, as currently I only sleep around 3 hrs a night.
  • lessdefined82
    lessdefined82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Very little for actual weight. Trying 16:8 and CICO, also exercise of some form 6X/week. (1 hockey game, 3 long runs, and two strength gym visits.)

Will see what happens but won't be jumping on the scale much.
  • mavivaldi
    mavivaldi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1. To lose the extra weight I gained on vacation and get down to my goal weight
    2. To try new forms of exercise and experiment with what works best for my body (I’m eager to try out hot yoga in particular)
    3. To run every day and build up my stamina and pace
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    End of summer goals:

Yes goals to meet by the end of summer!

Summer lasts 3 days in Seattle, so I always get twitchy when people talk about it being over.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    My goal is always the next 5 lbs, with no time line. ☺
  • mimimunchery
    mimimunchery Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    End of summer goals:

Yes goals to meet by the end of summer!

Summer lasts 3 days in Seattle, so I always get twitchy when people talk about it being over.

I live in Seattle too and summer is beautiful - gorgeous weather for all of July & August and at least some of September!
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
    ================
    To drop 20 more lbs to 160, comfortable weight, and get back to 16% body fat. Was there a bit over 3rs ago.

Mainly concentrate on core and legs for cycling, most important to me. Work heavy on legs 4 days/wk out of 7, or 3 out of 5 days.

Do cardio, bike 2hrs day, and maybe 30 min on treadmill, so long as I keep heart rate in the 70-90% range, avg. is 130 bmp 80%, . Alternate days for the rest, but only moderately. Upper body is mostly for tone.