What should I eat for dinner...I am feeling lazy.

Options
So I guess I have a salmon filet in the freezer.......I could make some potatoes. Honestly I'm just lazy. I have no idea what to make. What are you all having for dinner?

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    My dinner won't cure your desire not to cook tonight. I'm having leftovers. It will either be pasta with sausage and broccoli or chicken fajitas. Neither of those are actually easier to make than salmon or potatoes.

What do you want to eat tonight?
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Home made pizza is what I'm eating
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    How about a baked potato?
  • Five0Six
    Five0Six Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    stouffers-grandmas-chicken-and+vegetable-rice-bake-01.JPG

Because I am lazy, too.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    An extra lean chicken burger. It was surprisingly juicy and tasty. I’ll probably have one for dinner every day this week because I don’t feel like spending too much time cooking either.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I'm literally sitting on my *kitten* waiting for my groceries to be delivered. Then I'll eat some turkey meatballs. Pinnacle of laziness.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm literally sitting on my *kitten* waiting for my groceries to be delivered. Then I'll eat some turkey meatballs. Pinnacle of laziness.

HAHAHA
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    Pulled pork, cooked in the crock-pot, with brown rice and green beans.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I had a protein shake, piece of cold leftover chicken breast, watermelon, 2 T pumpkin seeds, and one caramel rice cake. It’s probably better if you make that salmon. Lol
    Pan sear it. It’s so good that way!
  • maureenseel1984
    Options
    Pulled pork, cooked in the crock-pot, with brown rice and green beans.

OK so where's your house? Set an extra spot at the table.
  • maureenseel1984
    Options
    Momjogger wrote: »
    I had a protein shake, piece of cold leftover chicken breast, watermelon, 2 T pumpkin seeds, and one caramel rice cake. It’s probably better if you make that salmon. Lol
    Pan sear it. It’s so good that way!

Exactly how I did it! Salt, pepper and some salt-free jerk seasoning...the skin got so crispy and delicious.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

So the only potatoes I have are red ones (extras from making potato salad). So I wound up with an ear of corn, freshly snapped green beans and blackened salmon. Didn't take that long either. I got over my case of the lazies.

That sounds good. Next time try roasting the red potatoes and green beans as well - you'll thank me :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    5g olive oil, 240g onion (shredded), 750g dole coleslaw mix, 235g tomatoes (chopped), 320g baby potatoes (shredded), 83g Knorr roasted garlic and onion mix, 12g Mrs dash, ~1.5litres water.

~920 Calories for ~2750g finished cabbage-onion-lots-of-sodium soupies thingy finished product, of which 750g eaten.

Plus, err, 6 of the little Costco 72% chocolates for -almost- as many calories (33 each)... for now!
  • Kittyy1994
    Kittyy1994 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

This is my #1 lazy dinner!! Cook potato in the microwave then top with baked beans and cheese!! Yum 😋
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I just got some vegetarian burgers out of the freezer and stuck 'em in the oven. Microwave some beans to go with 'em, job's a good'un.

...tonight, unfortunately, I have to cook a whole recipe from scratch. Bright side, it makes six servings so my freezer will be happy?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    This is whats on tonights menu : https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/thai-red-chicken-soup/
    its in the slow cooker and will be ready to eat when I get in from work.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I am having some chilli nachos, I made the chilli in the slow cooker on Sunday night/Monday morning with braising beef rather than mince and a pile of veggies (courgette, onion, bell peppers, chopped tomatoes and butter beans). Have portioned it out for fridge/freezer. So tonight I just have to heat it up and throw it on the nachos and melt the cheese under the grill.

cod7p9xd61em.png

• smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I am having some chilli nachos, I made the chilli in the slow cooker on Sunday night/Monday morning with braising beef rather than mince and a pile of veggies (courgette, onion, bell peppers, chopped tomatoes and butter beans). Have portioned it out for fridge/freezer. So tonight I just have to heat it up and throw it on the nachos and melt the cheese under the grill.

cod7p9xd61em.png

j28hgs7gxejh.gif