Sauna🤔🤔

bbasusena
bbasusena Posts: 27 Member
What do you guys think about SAUNA time?

Replies

• smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Love me some sauna time. Very relaxing. Doesn't do anything for weight loss, though.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    I have a portable infrared sauna. Supposedly it's good for recovery. I don't know. I just like to sit in it in winter and sweat my tits off.

Saunas are one of those things that people who love it will say it's great and wonderful and has health benefits yadda yadda, and other people will just say "no, it's a hot box that does nothing".

So - do you LIKE to sauna? If so - go ahead and sauna.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Oh yeah, and btw, the reason I come to be in possession of said infra-red sauna was that I had this comp prep coach once many moons ago who said I had to have x number of infra-red sauna sessions per week during my prep. It was cheaper to buy the sauna than to pay at the special infra-red sauna place. And if I didn't do as I was told, I would never get lean enough to get on stage. Her words, not mine.

I didn't do any research apart from a quick Google search which of course told me it was a big calorie-burning furnace and detox and blah blah.

Supposedly there is a difference between infra-red sauna and normal sauna. I don't know. Google it!
  • bbasusena
    bbasusena Posts: 27 Member
    Thanks for everyone’s input on it..
    I actually jus like to do at least 20 mins because it feels good, and relaxes me. It’s like the cherry on the top lol. I’ll do it 2/3 times a week
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I don't do it very often but I always enjoy a good sauna as I find them relaxing and invigorating at the same time. Particularly so when there's a cold/ pool nearby to jump into.

As for any health benefits beyond that I am..... sceptical
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I'm not a fan of them, personally. Feel like I can't breathe in there.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Sauna's are extremely effective at improving cardiovascular health, just 20 minutes a day at 170 deg F (or hotter) will decrease all cause mortality by 50% (as per a huge study in Finland) and have all sorts of other longevity benefits.

Search "Joe Rogan Sauna" in youtube, he has some great info with Dr.Rhonda Patrick regarding saunas.

Correlation doss not equal causation. There is some interesting potential in studies about sauna use, but the science is not there yet. But I'm not surprised that Joe Rogan and Ronda are misrepresenting things. It's kind of their MO.