Planet Fitness or At Home (Calisthenics) Workouts?

Options
Hey Everyone!

Was just wondering if anyone has found any some good workout plans to do either at home (No equipment based) or plans that you can use to coordinate a routine workout at the gym? I'm a member at Planet Fitness, thus why I put it in the title lol

Anyways, any feedback or resources you've used would be great. I've searched the web but not really finding anything I want to implement per say.

Goal: To reduce weight and lower inches on my body, create a leanerbody structure and maintain a goal weight of 200 lbs. Obviously with a much lower BF% then what I am at right now. SO increase mass, lower my weight, increase cardio health and finally, fit into smaller clothing lol

- JerseyPatriot

Replies

• whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I like HASFit on youtube for at home workouts, but you do need some minimal equipment.

I used to use the workouts in the Body For Life book back when I had a gym and that book was popular (a long time ago).
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Convict Conditioning without the gym, StrongLifts with. The Planet Fitness near me doesn't have squat racks, hopefully yours does. Avoid the Smith Machine.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Most of my year consists of working out in my home. I have a facility when our team is in season. Bear crawls, Planks, Squats with a weighted vest and sandbag. Bear crawls are my favorite. If you have some space: heavy bag and double end bag. Usually hit those once to twice a week.
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Darebee .com has a lot of great workouts that don’t involve equipment. I work out at home and this site has been a great help for me, even when I’m injured!
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I know personally I don't motivate myself as well at home as when I am in an actual gym environment. So even though Planet Fitness is not exactly a "lifters gym", I still think it will be good enough and a better choice.
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think if you’re trying to increase mass I say go to gym. Strong lifts is a good workout routine however they encourage the use of a squat rack instead of smith machine. The planet fitness near me only has Smith machines. I still did it with if had to. If for whatever reason you can’t go to gym and you have no equipment you won’t see a huge impact mass wise without those weights but can still do something. I love fitness blender on YouTube. Free. They have exercises for everything with and without equipment. Hope this helps.
  • MrsReeves711
    MrsReeves711 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Agree! HASFit YouTube channel and their $5/Month app programs is awesome!
  • MamboRumba
    MamboRumba Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Was just wondering if anyone has found any some good workout plans to do either at home (No equipment based) or plans that you can use to coordinate a routine workout at the gym? I'm a member at Planet Fitness, thus why I put it in the title lol

Anyways, any feedback or resources you've used would be great. I've searched the web but not really finding anything I want to implement per say.

Goal: To reduce weight and lower inches on my body, create a leanerbody structure and maintain a goal weight of 200 lbs. Obviously with a much lower BF% then what I am at right now. SO increase mass, lower my weight, increase cardio health and finally, fit into smaller clothing lol

- JerseyPatriot
    Hey Everyone!

- JerseyPatriot

Body-for-Life by Bill Phillips. It is a solid book on nutrition and an at-home + gym fitness easy to follow program. Photos and all!

• MrsReeves711
    MrsReeves711 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use HASFit programs on their app for $5/month. It’s provided great results! They have free videos on YouTube of which are used in their programs too.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I like working out at home and walking at the nature trail at the end of my street.

However, last winter with the cold and bad weather, I couldn't get my cardio done. So, I've joined Planet Fitness for ten bucks a month so I have place to work out when weather comes into play.