Resisting temptation at work (ice cream store)

Options
I work at an ice cream store (Mr. Whippy) and we have ice cream, frozen yoghurt, cup cakes, hot drinks and HEAPS of toppings! I can never seem to stop myself from having some/a lot.

What are some techniques to resist eating the food?

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    When I worked in a restaurant as a dishwasher way back when, I always tried to bring my own snacks that were easily consumed. I kind of have to do the same thing at my current office job because we have lots of calorie-dense snack foods like chips - I always have bananas, cheese sticks, or some other type of food available that isn't as bad as the alternative. It's not a perfect system, but if I didn't have the food available, I would most definitely reach for the other stuff more often.
  • tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'd start mixin whey powder into those cupcakes and sell em to bodybuilders...jk I'd eat em all.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    How long have you been working there? Good news is you should get dead sick of it within 3 months, and probably not like ice cream much for the rest of your life. That happened to me with both pizza and indian food.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I always bring plenty of healthy snacks each day to work. But working in a ice cream store would certainly be a strong test of anyone's will power.
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    What a dream come true/ nightmare come true.

When I had a free food job I would just tell myself I could only treat myself on the weekend days I worked. Mon-Fri had to be business as usual (so to speak). I hate say it, but there was no trick I just had to use willpower, but at least it gave me something to look forward to about working a Sat. or Sun.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I work at an ice cream store (Mr. Whippy) and we have ice cream, frozen yoghurt, cup cakes, hot drinks and HEAPS of toppings! I can never seem to stop myself from having some/a lot.

What are some techniques to resist eating the food?

Hook me up yo
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Have a really large filling healthy meal before work.
  • krisflower19
    krisflower19 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    All really good ideas. I shall try them out