Constipated

Options
2»

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    100% see a doctor.

As for everyday general constipation, I think it's important to drink plenty of water and other fluids and to try to identify patterns in what you're eating when you develop issues. For me, baby spinach will cause problems even though it has a lot of fiber. I just had to quit eating it especially uncooked and haven't had problems for a long time. A good friend has the same problem with eating apples, which have a lot of fiber but tend to cause fairly uncomfortable episodes of constipation and even blockage for her when she eats too many (more than 1/2 apple in a day).

Your mileage may vary -- I mainly put this comment here in case others check out this topic and want some basic tips that have helped a lot for me and my friend.

I try to only drink water while I’m at work but honesty the rest of the time I’m usually drinking energy drinks or coffee. Broccoli worked pretty well for me but I had to eat a lot of it for it to do anything, like eat it with every meal I ate. I have a doctors appointment on Monday, so I’ll bring it up to her and see what she says.

I was reading today that too much caffeine can cause constipation. Maybe ease up a little on the energy drinks and coffee and see if that makes a difference. In saying that I also read that going cold turkey from caffeine can likewise cause constipation so if you did cut back you would be better off doing it slowly.