Did " in 5 weeks you would weigh..." worked for you?

Options
13»

Replies

• DrPepper000
    DrPepper000 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty close. I started out writing the 5 week number on a calendar. Now I use the food diary. From the calendar, I select the date 5 weeks from now and enter the number in the notes section. My prediction for next Sat is 188. I am at 187.6 today.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    The 5 week prediction has not worked for me because I don't eat the same way everyday , some days I'm at goal and some days I'm under/over so I get different estimations every day.

But I do enjoy seeing the number , it gives me something to look forward to and it also helps me see the how I gained weigh in the first place thing.

This.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I've been treating that number like I treat fortune cookies or my horoscope - something interesting to read, but not something I will stake my life on...

**ducks to avoid the influx of comments from people who swear their horoscope comes true for them every time** :-)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I like it the day after I've recorded a new loss, the trend of numbers going down makes me happy. I mean, almost four months ago, I was getting predictions in the range of 235-237. Today's prediction was 200.2. I'm so close to getting predictions under 200!

If it bugs you ignore but I don't think it was ever meant to be taken too seriously.
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I notice it after 8 weeks or so. But I've recently hit a plateau- so I'm increasing my intake- hopefully this helps! I hate being stuck at 140- still have 20 more pounds to go
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'd like to answer this question, but since I don't own a scale, I have no idea! That's why I don't have my ticker in my posts, hehe. I really need to get one.

What really matters is that I know it's working when I look in the mirror and when I get dressed. It is, however, weird seeing the same range of numbers every day, since I'm always under my total calories, haha.
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Count me in the group who uses the number just to remark when my eating and exercise will result in loss. I don't even Mark it down. On days when it predicts little or no loss in 5 weeks, it encourages me to get back with the program. I DO make my own predictions and write them on the calendar. I have been pretty close so far. I am taking a long time with this so it helps to remember that over time, teensy losses add up. My goal is to make changes I can live with for good.
  • jaecamp1
    jaecamp1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mine are usually pretty close on the days I hit right about goal. I hit mine after everything I add though just to see what my number would be.... not that I plan on consuming nothing but my morning coffee for five weeks.
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Great idea....typing it in the note box. I always write the vitamins I take in that area but it would be great for that purpose too!

I do this for tracking vitamins/supplements:

If you go to Food / Settings / Meal Names, you can add a "meal" called Vitamins & enter your vitamins there every day to track...check out my diary if you want to see example.
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty close. I started out writing the 5 week number on a calendar. Now I use the food diary. From the calendar, I select the date 5 weeks from now and enter the number in the notes section. My prediction for next Sat is 188. I am at 187.6 today.

Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna start doing this!
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Not for me. It also predicted I'd lose 2-10 pounds each time I logged, an average of 5 pounds I'd say. Yet 5 weeks later, I've lost NO weight at all lol.

I prob have an underlying medical condition though. Or I'm not good at estimating portion sizes...
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Not been accurate for me. But, like others have already said, my calorie intake and exercise is different from day to day. Also, once you start gaining muscle, you are going to "weigh more" even though you are shedding fat. But it is nice to look at that number and think you are going to lose that much weight in that amount of time. Great motivation!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    It definitely is not accurate for me. Except or hen it says how much higher I'd be if I overate.
  • hollymartin90
    hollymartin90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    mine always seems v unrealistic it thinks i'll lose over a stone in 5 weeks when in reality i lose around 1-2 pound a week so therefore in 5 weeks should lose around 5-6 pounds.anyone else have this problem.could just be my slow metabolism...and am quite tall so maybe thinks I should eat more?
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    The 5 week predictor is a good motivator. But it hasn't been accurate for me.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Nope. I've always lost faster than MFP says I should.

MFP seems convinced that if I eat 1500 cals I'll maintain and any over, I'll gain. Well guess what? I don't. So far I can eat up to 1600 cals per day and still lose. Very slowly, but still losing. But, I'm impatient, so I'm back to 1450 cals to try to convince those last few pounds to shove off ;P

(And yes, I know I'd be better off exercising to generate that deficit instead, but I've been really lazy lately. I'll pick up the exercise soon. Promise.)