Calories

This might not be the correct place to post but I’m a bit confused... on my exercise on MFP it says Fitbit calorie adjustment although my exercise hasn’t gone on. Will it be included in that? Just I did a 30 minute run and it’s not gone from Fitbit to mfp? Bith have been synced.

Replies

• toniskiv0
    toniskiv0 Posts: 4 Member
    c70zcv54s1qh.png
    0nh337ut9lz4.png
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    your run would be included in the steps if you were wearing the watch during the run yes (to some extent). the calorie burn suggested (1100) is insane for 30min run.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,376 Member
    Gosh, what's going on with your calorie burn there? 1100kcal for a 1.6 mile run? This really needs a sanity check. Did you set a very low custom maximum heart rate? That's really the only way I can imagine this happening.

For running, try miles * your weight in lbs * 0.64 for some more realistic numbers.
  • toniskiv0
    Ohhh no I don’t know what has happened there. It didn’t do that when I did it the other day. 2 days ago it was the same run and 270 calories burnt. I’m not focusing on that burn AT ALL hahaaa because I know it’s not right. Thank you both. I’m new to this so not sure what’s what 🤦🏽‍♀️
  • toniskiv0
    Here’s the heart rates. Is this correct?
  • therunningirl
    therunningirl Posts: 30 Member
    did you miss a decimal point when setting your height or weight on fitbit?
    i burn about 1 cal per minute while sedentary, so 36 cals/min seems insane.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    toniskiv0 wrote: »
    Here’s the heart rates. Is this correct?

Unless you set a custom HR, those zone selections are merely for tracking and training to certain points - it has no bearing on HR-based calorie burn.
    HRmax would though.

But that's not the issue.
    That is merely an Activity Record - giving a snapshot of the daily stats during that chunk of time.
    Note the time / duration - and delete the record.
    Create another one with same info, name it whatever is meaningful for later review - but do not create a Workout Record, but an Activity Record. It'll grab the stats during that chunk of time and display them.

Because if that 1110 was really in the daily stats - your daily calorie burn would be huge. So it must be glitch on just that.
    If your manually created one shows it too - then for some reason that chunk of time really was overestimated - and that days is screwed up for some reason.

And no - Fitbit doesn't push exercise as it's own entry to MFP.
    That Adjustment contains both activity above and beyond (or below if negative) what you told MFP you would do for daily stuff, and any exercise.

Here's the FAQ, 2nd section if you really want details and enjoy maths.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1
  • lynntoews96
    lynntoews96 Posts: 4 Member
    I like to run everyday!! Put not when it's 90 degrees outside!!!