Super discouraged :-(

Options
Hi guys,
I'm a 37 year old female. I started a month ago at about 206.I'm at 198 now.
I weigh my food, I work out 3-4 times a week with a mix of cardio and some weight lifting. I doubt I'm building muscle yet.
I eat about 100-1200 calories a day. I know I have a deficit.
I did have a hysterectomy, but they left ovaries, so I doubt it's hormonal, but I'm stuck on the same pound. 197.4-197.8 etc etc. It's not going down for the last few days. What gives? I'm trying really hard.
I'm also 5 ft 7.
Two years ago, the weight fell off, never stalled. I'm getting discouraged.
What could i try?

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    It's only been a few days? Weight loss isn't linear and can be affected by - among other things - retained water from a salty meal or for muscle repair due to exercise or simply food in your digestive tract.

If you are truly weighing everything you eat and are certain you're in a caloric deficit, the only thing you need to try is patience. :)
  • desireeorozco859
    desireeorozco859 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ugh ya, I get super anal with it. πŸ˜‚
    My true true weigh in day is Sundays. It's just annoying working hard and not seeing results. The entire first week my body thought it was the time of the month, so I know I retained water. Technically I can't even count that week. Also, I'm two years older now. Maybe that matters. I won't give up yet. I just need to vent. Because my husband doesn't get it.
  • therunningirl
    therunningirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    but.. you lost 8 pounds in a month. thats 2 lbs/week. isn't that really good?
  • therunningirl
    therunningirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You lost 8lbs in four weeks? that's two pounds a week? which is the quickest rate of loss recommended for those with A LOT to lose (very obese).

So there is no logical reason to be discouraged. you are killing it. there is nothing to change expect your expectations.

also:
    http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

great minds.. lol
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    And I am wanting clarification... 100-1200 calories per day (is that how many you BURN or how many you're eating?)
  • desireeorozco859
    Options
    And it seems my belly is slimmer. 8 pounds in a Month is ok, maybe I'm just to damn impatient. πŸ˜’
    I was upset this morning, because it was more than yesterday. And I'm afraid of my hysterectomy not letting me lose. Although I still I have my ovaries. Lol I'm a mess. πŸ˜‚
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Peaked at your diary - you appear to be undereating. closer to 1000-1100 daily. this is unsutainable and could lead to some health issues (you are certainly not short and with a kiddo you are probably more lightly active or higher).

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1
  • desireeorozco859
    Options
    Oops, I meant I eat 1000-1200 a day. I tried to edit and it didn't work I guess. Lol. So, undereating, huh.
    How much should I add?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    And it seems my belly is slimmer. 8 pounds in a Month is ok, maybe I'm just to damn impatient. πŸ˜’
    I was upset this morning, because it was more than yesterday. And I'm afraid of my hysterectomy not letting me lose. Although I still I have my ovaries. Lol I'm a mess. πŸ˜‚

8 pounds a month is the fastest you should be aiming to lose. and the less you have to lose that should change to 1.5 or 1 lb/week
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    That is too few calories.

Put your stats in MFP and use the tool as recommended:

Put in your height, a reasonable rate of loss (if you chose 2lb/week you'll want to seriously bring that down to 1.5 soon enough), an honest activity level (unlikely to be sedentary).

Eat all those calories. Use a food scale on all to be accurate.

Eat back a reasonable estimate of your exercise calories. MFP gives you calories to eat to lose at the requested rate of loss ASSUMING NO PURPOSEFUL EXERCISE. you don't ant to increase your deficit even more.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I looked at your diary. You are only eating about 1,100 calories a day. And not eating back any of your exercise calories. You should be eating at least 1,200 calories a day (probably more for your hight), plus at least 50% of your exercise calories.
    I understand the impatience. I am a very impatient person. But we must also consider our health going forward.
    Note: Suggest following @Panini911 recommendations. They said this much better than I.
  • desireeorozco859
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thank you all you guys. I am going to start eating about 1400 calories a day. See if that does the trick:-)
  • ConH12
    ConH12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Use a macro calculator looks like your caloric count is too low for your height and weight. You will need to adjust it as you loose weight. If you don’t eat enough your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto fat. Make sure your carbs are low, protein mid range and healthy fats are enough. Healthy fat burns fat. I lost sixty lbs six years ago and kept it off.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Great success so far! Don't worry about scale fluctuations. Keep up the good work! ☺

I recently upped my calories from 1200 to 1370 and now the weight is flying off.