Starting over.....AGAIN

Options
Well, like many times before...I am starting over with my weight journey. I am at my early 50s, and just need to do better. Would just love some people alongside of me to help. I have a good support system at home and I have a good friends as well, but sometimes I just need people to understand what I’m going through with this never-ending weight/eating/ exercise cycle. Look forward to getting some new friends on this journey.

Replies

• hollieponine
    hollieponine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’m starting over too.
    I need some new friends as well.
    You’re not alone!
    You CAN!
  • schapl
    schapl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    😊 thanks!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I am happy you both are starting again. Maybe analyze why it didn't work before. Did you set your goals too high? Maybe you are going at it too aggressively and it just wasn't sustainable. I wish you the best!!!! Also, remember to give yourself little treats once and a while. Everything in moderation!!!
  • schapl
    schapl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your encouragement! That always helps. I have discovered in the past that if I don’t have a support system, I can’t do it by myself.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I can't count how many times I've started to lose weight and gave up, but this time, I'm changing my mindset. This is the way I live now; diets are temporary. Give yourself a break, it won't happen overnight. Track, watch your portions, and you'll get there. I'm in your corner.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Fill out your food diary truthfully.

Stay at a calorie deficit. Lose weight.

Eat it. Enjoy it. Log it. <3
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm in my early 50s too and just recently started over....feel free to add me!
  • michanda2015
    michanda2015 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, starting over too
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    40, also starting... again. i have zero accountability. i do really well for... well, sometimes a day, sometimes a week, sometimes a month. but i work a lot (2 jobs), am often exhausted, and while i am a mad food prepper and always bring meals with me, sometimes i want something junky to eat. and something junky turns into "well, i blew lunch, i might as well blow dinner, too". that inevitably leads to me slacking off completely, wasting money, wasting my prepped food, and putting weight back on and feeling awful. i will gladly cheer you on!!!!
  • epihlquist
    epihlquist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mid-40s here. I won’t call it starting again, but I recommitted to tracking everyday and cutting processed carbs. As of Monday. Looking for friends for accountability and motivation!
  • Imomw2016
    Imomw2016 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I’m starting again too - I reached my goal on my 50th birthday after working hard for three years and losing the weight slowly. And after 8 months, I have gained it all back. Life happens - just need to start again.

Please feel free to add me. It’s nice to have fellow MFPrs who are able to relate.