Late night snacking help?

Options
Does anyone have tips to help not snack late at night? I’ve been struggling with snacking right before bed.

Replies

• ATP0602
    ATP0602 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There’s the classic: fill up on water.
    I’ve found I also won’t snack after my bedtime routine: washing my face, brushing my teeth and popping in the night-guard/retainers.
    And I guess if you have to snack, keep it light and whole: nuts, fruit

Alternatively, bite into something you don’t like, to sort of condition yourself away from night snacking (disclaimer: unverified, untried).

good luck :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I save calories for a late night snack, I sleep better when I do. I pre log the snack and weigh out my portion. If I continue to feel snacky, I'll have a cup of tea or a diet soda. If it's too close to bed time to be drinking a lot of fluid I find brushing my teeth usually helps.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    There's a NO MORE LATE NIGHT SNACKING challenge thread that got me off of LNS immediately. Check it out. ☺
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I sent you an invite to that thread
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I have calories for a pre-bed snack. i pre-log it all to make sure i'm good, snack may be bigger or smaller based on what calories I have left. Usually around 150.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I plan snacks. Have to fit my plan, be good enough to wait for, have to be in a portion large enough to satisfy me, have to be something I can control. Not an easy mission but I’ve done ok with it.

I always save some calories for just before bed. Fighting temptation right before bed is anxiety producing for me.

And this- giving into some other indulgence during the day will cancel evening snacks. It helps.
  • CaityGracie67
    CaityGracie67 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    For me I struggle with this a lot, but I would recommend eating enough at dinner, and then either setting a time you won't eat past (so I try to avoid eating past 7:30 most days) or having a set nighttime snack (so like 100cal or something, and just account for this in your planning). All the best!
  • AmatullahMuwahidah
    AmatullahMuwahidah Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sleep... if you’re asleep you won’t eat. Take a herbal supplement to help you dose off, maybe some Valarian. We want to eat when our body is tired, the body wants energy, instead of giving it calories, give it rest.