Hungry all the time!

Options
amioc
amioc Posts: 175 Member
Hi im after some advice please. I’m working out a lot but im not seeing any results I think it’s because I’m eating to much even though I’m only eating healthy stuff. I just seem to not be able to control my appetite. Does anyone have any tips on how to not be so hungry all the time? I am on some medication that can increase your appetite which at the moment I can’t stop taking them. Just want to not be so hungry all the time. Any advice would be much appreciated

Replies

• vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    If having possible side-effects of medication please consult your PhD.
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Do you have any idea on what the doctor would be able to do for me?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    amioc wrote: »
    Do you have any idea on what the doctor would be able to do for me?

Run blood tests for starters. Sometimes we are terrible judges of what is really going on, and sometimes we just don't have the tools to diagnose it. There's another thread around here titled "Questions about fatigue, too much exercise, small weight gain" in the General Health, Fitness and Diet section that illustrates this perfectly.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    amioc wrote: »
    Hi im after some advice please. I’m working out a lot but im not seeing any results I think it’s because I’m eating to much even though I’m only eating healthy stuff. I just seem to not be able to control my appetite. Does anyone have any tips on how to not be so hungry all the time? I am on some medication that can increase your appetite which at the moment I can’t stop taking them. Just want to not be so hungry all the time. Any advice would be much appreciated

If you're not weighing and tracking your food you have no idea how much you're actually consuming, for starters. Working out is great, but you can't outwork a calorie surplus. And 'healthy stuff' has calories too. Start weighing your food and tracking it to see how much you're eating. There's a thread around here titled volume eaters, which should also have some ideas for you if you're finding that you have a big appetite and need low-cal options to help meet that. Consider also that you may not be getting enough certain macros that might help you stay full longer. The dr visit is also a good idea just to rule out anything else.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Firstly: I do agree with checking in with a doctor, better safe than sorry. Especially if you are on a medication ot increase hunger and are always hungry, they may be able to double check things and ensure it's still the correct drug at correct dosage.

Once the above is taken care of:
    What do you mean by "real results"? what ARE the results? how long have you been doing this, and what has the scale done? (exactly such as starting weight and current went).

Did you update your information in MFP to a rate of loss of 0.5lb/week (since you are arlready at healthy weight)? Have you increased your daily calorie intake?

I also agree with the above, also important ot use a food scale to really know how much you are eating.

Adding fat may help keep you full. I am a volume eater and eat tons of veggies but also ensure to get enough fat daily. Many find fat very satiating. Worth trying. Ditto if you are super low carb or protein, you may need more of one or both.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/43884721#Comment_43884721