I can’t get myself to stay full!

Options
taytaylewlew11
taytaylewlew11 Posts: 3 Member
Please help me with trying to stay full. I love to eat so much and that’s my biggest problem is I don’t know when to stop. Any advice for me?

Replies

• taytaylewlew11
    taytaylewlew11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    peanut butter fills me up, lowering my carbs and upping the protein definitely helps and drink that water!
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    If I eat steelcut oats in the morning, I’m not hungry most of the day....I can just eat moderately and not feel the need to graze.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Look into lower energy dense foods. There is a volume eaters thread that might help.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    aidydh wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Learn to aim for satiated vs full.

This is what I'm doing now. I have been struggling for a while with staying full and I think I may be experiencing leptin resistance. I will eat a huge meal and be hungry again 90-120 minutes later. The only other time I have been this way in my life was when I was pregnant.

I did some research and unfortunately there is no formal treatment for leptin resistance. You can change the way you eat. I just started eating to lower cholesterol, lower triglicerides and combat insulin resistance. Surprisingly, it is helping some to be satisfied and better satiated.

Here is a typical day for me:
    Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 egg white, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1 cup spinach, 1/8 cup onions cooked in a scramble. 1/2 whole wheat bagel and 1/4 cup blueberries or 4 oz cantaloupe.

Mid morning snack: RX bar

Lunch: 1/2 can tuna, 1 tbsp light mayo, 1 tbsp dill pickle relish, 1/4 avocado, two slices whole wheat bread

Mid afternoon snack: 1/4 cup hummus and red bell pepper strips or 2 tbsp natural peanut butter and celery sticks.

Dinner: 4-5 ounces of chicken breast with grilled veggies and a roasted sweet potato.

This type of meal plan works to combine fats/proteins and fiber to keep me fuller throughout the day.

Here is a webpage that I am using as a reference to help me plan out my meals and get ideas for each day:

https://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/features/triglyceride-friendly-meals

also, maybe consider dumping the bread and adding cooked whole grains, potatoes ect....
  • normannoor4818
    normannoor4818 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I drink water 10 minutes before I eat, I be mindful whilst eating this was I enjoy it and get full, eat with a smaller spoon. Hope this helps.
  • nationalvillage3215
    nationalvillage3215 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 calorie diet and also seem to always feel hungry. I find drinking 2 cups of water before meals helps somewhat. When I get hungry I tend to try and eat high fiber food snacks (carb counter, 100% whole wheat tortilla is only 60 calories, 11 g fiber) and is very satisfying. Also I have 1 tsp. peanut butter spread on 1/2 half of low calorie/high fiber bread (such as Sara Lee Delightful Multi Gram Bread - 45 calories, 3 grams fiber per slice).
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    etelfer39 wrote: »
    Water, Water, Water! Don't drink coffee when you're hungry, that will increase your appetite.

Actually, drinking water makes me hungry. But coffee fills me up and I will often have a cup or two of coffee when I'm hungry. It keeps me full for hours. Someone else mentioned steelcut oats. While they fill me up temporarily, I'm always hungry again about 1/2 hour to 1 hour after eating any type of oats or any other type of cereal.

I guess we're all a little different.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    etelfer39 wrote: »
    Please help me with trying to stay full. I love to eat so much and that’s my biggest problem is I don’t know when to stop. Any advice for me?

Water, Water, Water! Brush your teeth, it will deter you from eating because most things taste awful after. Don't drink coffee when you're hungry, that will increase your appetite.

For me coffee works as an appetite suppressant.
  • thewhiterook
    thewhiterook Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This title is misleading. Are you unable to fulfill your hunger or just unable to stop eating? Is it true hunger or just lo e of food that keeps you eating? There are many variables that you havent disclosed that can effect your meal plan. Your current diet, water consumption, exercise regime, metabolism level, speed of eating, etc.
  • thewhiterook
    thewhiterook Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    aidydh wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Learn to aim for satiated vs full.

This is what I'm doing now. I have been struggling for a while with staying full and I think I may be experiencing leptin resistance. I will eat a huge meal and be hungry again 90-120 minutes later. The only other time I have been this way in my life was when I was pregnant.

I did some research and unfortunately there is no formal treatment for leptin resistance. You can change the way you eat. I just started eating to lower cholesterol, lower triglicerides and combat insulin resistance. Surprisingly, it is helping some to be satisfied and better satiated.

Here is a typical day for me:
    Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 egg white, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 1 cup spinach, 1/8 cup onions cooked in a scramble. 1/2 whole wheat bagel and 1/4 cup blueberries or 4 oz cantaloupe.

Mid morning snack: RX bar

Lunch: 1/2 can tuna, 1 tbsp light mayo, 1 tbsp dill pickle relish, 1/4 avocado, two slices whole wheat bread

Mid afternoon snack: 1/4 cup hummus and red bell pepper strips or 2 tbsp natural peanut butter and celery sticks.

Dinner: 4-5 ounces of chicken breast with grilled veggies and a roasted sweet potato.

This type of meal plan works to combine fats/proteins and fiber to keep me fuller throughout the day.

Here is a webpage that I am using as a reference to help me plan out my meals and get ideas for each day:

https://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/features/triglyceride-friendly-meals

How many calories is this? This wouldn't keep a mouse full. Unless you're bedridden and 60 years old, good chance you should be eating a lot more than this.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    There actually is a prescription medication for leptin resistance. I know because my endocrinologist had me on it. Didn't really help though. My leptin has just recently begun to work properly, since I've been eating healthier.