Advice needed! Maintaining weight after low cals

Options
I’ve been ‘dieting’ for three-ish Years now and more or less eat the same things everyday. I’ve recently come to see that this isn’t healthy but I’m unsure of how to proceed.

I eat 1100 max calories per day, but ride horses and run about 3k everyday. My step count is usually 14/15k. My problem is that I’m not losing weight with these amounts, at least not drastically, more just maintaining my current weight. I’m now scared to eat more calories because I feel like my body has accepted this as ‘normal’ and anything over will cause me to gain weight..

Advice would be much appreciated! I’m currently dealing with Orthorexia and the stress is driving me insane!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,642 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    I’m surprised that you’re maintaining on 1100 with such a high level of activity. How are you calculating those calories? Do you weigh everything, and are you sure the DB entries you’re using are good? (eg not using a cooked rice entry for dry rice)
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Based on what I am reading she does NOT want to be losing weight; therefore advice geared towards creating a deficit would be a bad idea at this point for this OP :anguished:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    KateCassie wrote: »
    I’ve been ‘dieting’ for three-ish Years now and more or less eat the same things everyday. I’ve recently come to see that this isn’t healthy but I’m unsure of how to proceed.

I eat 1100 max calories per day, but ride horses and run about 3k everyday. My step count is usually 14/15k. My problem is that I’m not losing weight with these amounts, at least not drastically, more just maintaining my current weight. I’m now scared to eat more calories because I feel like my body has accepted this as ‘normal’ and anything over will cause me to gain weight..

Advice would be much appreciated! I’m currently dealing with Orthorexia and the stress is driving me insane!

@KateCassie we're interpreting this differently - what are your goals? If to lose, how much more? How tall are you?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,642 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    KateCassie wrote: »

@KateCassie we're interpreting this differently - what are your goals? If to lose, how much more? How tall are you?

Title: Advice needed! Maintaining weight after low cals

Second post by op:
    I don’t know if I’m ‘maintaining’ but the weight loss is very very little if any. I don’t actually want to lose anymore weight, but I’m so nervous about increasing calories and gaining.

2. Because part of the Orthorexia thing is exercise obsession and not doing my stupid little routine causes anxiety 😑. It’s a vicious circle]
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    So... the OP is in fact not maintaining on 1100 calories, but continuing to lose. Well that makes more sense.

So... increase calories slowly, say 100 at a time, and stop adding when you reach maintenance? You are not going to suddenly wake up and find you weigh fifteen stone! If you find you overshoot and start to gain over time, you can adjust down and lose it again. You know how to lose a couple of pounds!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I'll echo what's been asked previously but not yet answered : Do you have a treatment team for your orthorexia?
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'd say with that amount of cals that's orthorexia veering towards anorexia. In my mind ortho is more eating near-ish the right amount of calories but very overfocused on 'clean' eating. See: many fitness influencers.

If you don't already have a team, echoing the others to say see if you can find a registered dietitian as well as therapy. We're just a bunch of strangers on the internet. We can only help you so much, especially since you haven't shared things like height/weight.

Best of luck.