Starting my 50th birthday challenge!

Options
Hello All,

I have fallen off the fitness wagon since leaving my former job a few years back. I did get a new one quickly but somehow lost my motivation for fitness in the process. I got a rude awakening last year when I went for my physical and found my weight to be 188lbs. Yikes!!! So I did start to curtail my bad eating habits and lost 16lbs. But since then my weight has fluctuated between 169 and 175lbs. I need to get serious about my total fitness again.

SO, my goal is to be back at 145lbs by July 2020! My 50th birthday challenge!!!!!

So, I need help keeping motivated. I have a crazy work schedule that varies from project to project, and at times with a great deal of travel. I do have a membership with planet fitness. If anyone out there also needs more motivation, perhaps we can keep each other motivated.

Look forward to this new year of Fitness, LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN...again.

Christine

Replies

• amyleehauser
    amyleehauser Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You got this! I would be happy to help you from afar! :) never too late to get back to where you want to be!
  • weatherkitty
    weatherkitty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear you Christine. I just hit 50 as well and I have younger kiddos. I tried a protein shake supplement and intermittent fasting program that shaved off 20 lbs but it wasn't sustainable. I'm back to 170 and wanting to get back to 150. What are your thoughts on getting started?

Katrina
  • Cmariez1
    Cmariez1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've done s few things so far...
    1) I set realistic calorie goals based on pounds I want to lose by next July...about 1lb a week. Mon thru thurs 1200 cal., fri 1350 cal., sat & sun 1500 cal.

2) set nutrient goals carbs, protein, etc. It helps me keep track of what types of food I eat... I definitely need to reduce my carbs... found that out this week...How I love those foods...lol

3) cutting out fast foods, for the most part. Leaving that as a treat over the weekend.

4) being honest with my food logs, and adjusting next days food intake as needed. I also do a preplanned just to see where I sit on calories in case I need to make adjustments.

5) starting to keep track of steps with my Samsung health app and adding half the calories burned to my logs. This way I'm not leaning on those steps to eat more food. Tricky huh.

6) Took a good hard look at my fridge, trashed unhealthy foods and went grocery shopping.

That's my starting point. Sorry for the long reply.
  • stanlfink
    stanlfink Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Christine,

Sounds like you have a plan. You’re not that far off and you sure sound like your going to conquer this. You have weight goal and date and your on MFP,,,,I would bet success.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Sincerely and best of luck to you,

Stan