My new bike

Options
megamom
megamom Posts: 920 Member
edited July 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
gtlxc87f7xoy.jpg

My son gave me this bike, a giant expressway folding bike so I can load it myself and go riding whenever I want. My other bike is heavy enough I can't lift it to the rack and have to wait for my my husband to load it, but I like to ride in the cool morning and he is slow about moving in the morning. This is one happy ole lady.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yay you!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Nice bike! I love to ride my bike.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Very cool!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is most excellent. What a great kid you have.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    You got a folder!! Awesome! I've always wanted one. Now you can bring it with you and move a lot more quickly through places it's really hard and inconvenient to bring a bike. I hope you enjoy it!!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Very cool! And swoon!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Just a update since I have had the bike for few weeks, love it love it love it. I have looked at other folding bikes and although some of the really expensive ones have features I would just love this one is great. I keep it in my trunk so I have it whenever the mood hits me for a ride or when I was going shopping the other day and due to construction and heavy traffic I just parked my car, unfolded my bike and rode past all the people stuck in traffic, it was great.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Sweet!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am so jealous! I promised myself that once I have lost 50 kg (110 pounds) I will buy myself a bicycle! 10 kg's to go. Can't wait!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    @neugebauer why wait? That’s not so much a reward as a stepping stone on the path. Do it NOW.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    That's a nice bike.

BUT PLEASE, please, please wear a helmet.

I was hit by a drunk driver the other day, who promptly drove off and I (apparently) ended up unconscious in the road. I have no recollection of the impact and have "lost" a bit of time between the collision and when I became aware of my surroundings again, which is scary.

I'm not in a good way (although muscle/skin rather than internal/bone but still painful enough). I was told that I was lucky to have survived at all and that my helmet probably saved my life (along with the woman who pulled me out of the road - which I have no recollection of).

I've travelled 13,000 miles on my bike but I was only quarter of a mile from home when it happened. Wrong place, wrong time. That's all it takes.

Yikes! So sorry that happened and glad that you had your helmet on. I've really been surprised to learn how few places have helmet laws for adults!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

I just updated from a similar bike to a Montague: same weight, but full sized tires and gears so that I can attempt to keep up with my husband on weekend rides.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    That's a nice bike.

BUT PLEASE, please, please wear a helmet.

I was hit by a drunk driver the other day, who promptly drove off and I (apparently) ended up unconscious in the road. I have no recollection of the impact and have "lost" a bit of time between the collision and when I became aware of my surroundings again, which is scary.

I'm not in a good way (although muscle/skin rather than internal/bone but still painful enough). I was told that I was lucky to have survived at all and that my helmet probably saved my life (along with the woman who pulled me out of the road - which I have no recollection of).

I've travelled 13,000 miles on my bike but I was only quarter of a mile from home when it happened. Wrong place, wrong time. That's all it takes.

Yikes! So sorry that happened and glad that you had your helmet on. I've really been surprised to learn how few places have helmet laws for adults!

And the UK is one of them. I shudder when I see parents and kids without helmets, or the child with a helmet and the parent without - who will look after the child if the parent is knocked out??? The staff at A&E had a few grim stories about cyclists they've seen who didn't wear helmets. It's pretty conclusive that without my helmet I'd still be in hospital or not here at all. That is a scary thought.

Motorbike helmets are compulsory here and cycling helmets should be too.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the bike and I love how you ride past the traffic jam. Thats awesome.. and freeing! Yay son!
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    That bike is awesome! Enjoy!