What's Happening?

Options
As you guys know I took vacation and basically deloaded for a week. I return to the gym thinking that since I deloaded I should be back to normal(my workouts prior to my deload felt absolutely terrible and fatigued). However my lifts went significantly down and I fatigued like a third way through my workout. Like I felt like doing nothing and couldnt push myself!
Prior to my deload it would happen like halfway through but now it got worse!
I lost a bit of weight maybe that's why or I dont know?
Also side note I do have some kidney issues so that might be why I'm losing weight? But i was a previous obese kid so um..?

Replies

• RuthDK
    RuthDK Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My husband had a kidney transplant a little over a year ago kidney issues definitely affect fitness, endurance, and will power. Keep doing what you can.
  • RuthDK
    RuthDK Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    And get your iron levels checked asap.
  • tec9goo
    tec9goo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day? What is your deficit? Has there ever been a time you weren't feeling terrible with your workouts?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    tec9goo wrote: »
    Also side note I do have some kidney issues so that might be why I'm losing weight? But i was a previous obese kid so um..?
    Only your doctor and you can answer your question about the amount of water retention that may be taking place with kidney issues. Water retention can easily mask any underlying fat level changes. With a medical condition and feeling fatigued when one has no particular reason to be, one would normally consider it prudent to visit one's doctor! Take care.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have a disease that affected my kidneys, and I'm 18 year post-transplant. Call your doctor and get your creatinine and eGFR checked out, as well as a CBC. I was doing everything right when my kidneys failed (active, non-smoking vegetarian), but I kept getting increasingly fatigued, tried to shake it off, and ended up on emergency dialysis. It could be a million other things, but kidneys are hella important.
  • tec9goo
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    How many calories are you eating a day? What is your deficit? Has there ever been a time you weren't feeling terrible with your workouts?

Yea the fatigue or whatever probably significantly hit like a month or two ago
  • tec9goo
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »

Calories are always aiming well above 3000 even though I'm not a hardgainer
  • tec9goo
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Only your doctor and you can answer your question about the amount of water retention that may be taking place with kidney issues. Water retention can easily mask any underlying fat level changes. With a medical condition and feeling fatigued when one has no particular reason to be, one would normally consider it prudent to visit one's doctor! Take care.

Wait so I may be losing fat but the water is just covering it? My goal isnt fat loss though...
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Since the fatigue is recent and you seem to be eating enough, I agree with the others that a visit to your doctor is in order.
  • tec9goo
    Options
    Also side note, I think my fat intake is somewhat low. I dont eat fats specifically, i just eat it if it's a part of the meal. For example like stir fry has sesame oil in it or any pan fried food has oil but I'm not one to snack on a lot of nuts, avocado or like coconut
  • tec9goo
    Options
    Vune wrote: »
    I have a disease that affected my kidneys, and I'm 18 year post-transplant. Call your doctor and get your creatinine and eGFR checked out, as well as a CBC. I was doing everything right when my kidneys failed (active, non-smoking vegetarian), but I kept getting increasingly fatigued, tried to shake it off, and ended up on emergency dialysis. It could be a million other things, but kidneys are hella important.
    Vune wrote: »

I did and my BUN level was high(liver I think) and I think my creatinine levels were super high because I was an idiot and took like 4-5 servings of creatine every day.
  • tec9goo
    Options
    I also ran out of preworkout and that might be why but I'm trying not to buy it since a month ago because I heard that it's bad for general health
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    Wait so I may be losing fat but the water is just covering it? My goal isnt fat loss though...

Fat loss or gain vs water weight change with kidney issues and taking a lot of supplements. Sort of difficult to un muddle, right?

Did you also mention creatine? Creatine increases water weight. Reduction would decrease.

Pre workout is probably caffeine and carbs to act as stimulant so would help power workout. Lack of stimulant would have your less stimulated!!!!

Anyway. Your health, right? Personally I would run all this through my doctor and make sure they're on board and that I'm doing things that are good for me!