My Garmin watch saved my phone yesterday.

Options
NorthCascades
NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
I went hiking with a friend, I'll start a thread with pictures when I get them picked out. I got something in my shoe, so I took a moment to sit on a fallen log next to a creek and fix it. Then we continued on, we had a lot of ground to cover.

Walking up the trail, my watch buzzed and said it lost the connection to my phone. That happens occasionally, but it's generally pretty solid, so I checked my pockets and didn't have it.

I turned around, checked all the bushes, hoped my phone wasn't in the creek. Watch told me I was getting close. It had fallen out of my pocket when I sat to deal with my shoe. It was laying on the grass, in obvious plain sight. This was a popular trail, and somebody else might have just kept it.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    That's pretty cool. Good thing you paid attention.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I use my garmin to find my phone all. the. time. I don't know if mine will automatically buzz at me to tell me it lost connection (though I should check), but I use the "find my phone" on a very regular basis.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    I use my garmin to find my phone all. the. time. I don't know if mine will automatically buzz at me to tell me it lost connection (though I should check), but I use the "find my phone" on a very regular basis.

Cuz I left it in the bathroom, or by the couch, or in the kitchen, or anywhere else in the house where I am currently not.

It's a nice feature.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »

I use "find my phone" more than I'd like to admit. I was scanning the trail wondering if I could use that, I had put the phone in airplane mode, and then turned BT back on. So it probably would have worked, but it was obvious enough not to have to.

I have my phone locked, I don't want anyone getting into my bank etc. But I use the watch as a key, as long as they're in range and connected the phone won't lock. Having to enter my pattern every time I wanted to take a picture got old real quick.