Lower abdominal pain

Options
Anyone else suffer from lower abdominal pain? I think it might be from low caloric intake. I have only had 518 calories today (120 of we hich was coffee) but I'm not hungry. I seem to get this pain though if I eat something sweet which like a butt I did tonight. I had an ice cream sandwich. I don't eat breakfast. We'll it's rare if I do. And I had a small portion of baked turkey breast and Brussel sprouts for dinner.

If anyone else suffers this, (I also have IBS, ) or if you have knowledge of what this might be, can you give me your input on if you think it's the calories, the ibs, or the sweets? Or what else this might be?

Hurts like a bugger!!!

Thanks in advance yall!!!

Replies

• Coffee0ooYummy
    Coffee0ooYummy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more, regardless.

But if you're saying I need more calories. ... and that's the reason? Thank you.
    But how do you know this?
  • bjkoziara
    bjkoziara Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Coffee is quite low-cal, so if you had 120 cals just from that, and the only other things you had to eat were an ice cream sandwich and some turkey, then yes, I'd say it's from not eating enough. What is your average weekly caloric intake?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    You need 1200 minimum cals a day to reach adequate nutrition, and that's also the reason MFP won't let you close your diary, which by the way nobody cares about and nobody is paying attention to whether you do or not, and it won't mess with any streak you have going which is just about showing up logged in.

Read around, but I'm gonna disengage and not ask why you asked your doctor about three meals a day.
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It's probably hunger!
  • Coffee0ooYummy
    Options
    Went to the ER this morning was hurting so bad. Turns out I have a UTI.
  • Coffee0ooYummy
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies!!!
  • Coffee0ooYummy
    Options
    bjkoziara wrote: »
    Coffee is quite low-cal, so if you had 120 cals just from that, and the only other things you had to eat were an ice cream sandwich and some turkey, then yes, I'd say it's from not eating enough. What is your average weekly caloric intake?

I use coffee mate non dairy creamer 3 teaspoons in each 12 ounce cup of coffee I drink, that's 30 calories. 4 cups 120.

8qik1n1f4h53.png
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options

I'm glad it's something easily treatable. Feel better.
  • Coffee0ooYummy
    Options
    See I get like 1000 or so a lot
  • Coffee0ooYummy
    Options
    This week I really slacked on the exercise, I was hurting pretty bad. gqcpsguumrfu.png
  • Coffee0ooYummy
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

I'm glad it's something easily treatable. Feel better.

Thank you!!!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options

I use coffee mate non dairy creamer 3 teaspoons in each 12 ounce cup of coffee I drink, that's 30 calories. 4 cups 120.

This sentence makes me think that you might not be under eating quite as much as you think. using spoons, cups and volume measurements are generally pretty inaccurate and tend to under report pretty regularly.

For anything that's not a liquid (and even liquids if you can) go by weight, not by measurement

• Coffee0ooYummy
    Options
    Danp wrote: »

This sentence makes me think that you might not be under eating quite as much as you think. using spoons, cups and volume measurements are generally pretty inaccurate and tend to under report pretty regularly.

For anything that's not a liquid (and even liquids if you can) go by weight, not by measurement

Awesomeness!!!! I do use a measuring spoon and keurig is my fluid ounce calculator lol. Actually I use a tablespoon for my creamer cause 3 teaspoons is a tablespoon.

I also weigh all my food for better accuracy. And if the box says 1 cup, I measure 1 cup. Lol my mother in law this morning told me (when she saw my bowl of cheerios ) That's not very much! I said that's a serving...... lol

But I do have a hard time some weeks loosing weight. And it's usually the weeks when I have days where my caloric intake is way to low a couple days in there somewhere.
    I know that when you don't eat enough calories for your body to use burning off normally, if it has to use to much of the body's fat stores during the day for energy, that when you do eat again, your body goes into survival mode and stores it as fat for fear of needing it for the next time there is a caloric deficit.

Trouble there is that I have days where I'm just not hungry. Always been like that. :( guess I should buy some of those ensure shakes to have on hand for days like that so I get the calories and nutrition I need for the day.