Ideas on high protein foods! Need help reaching macros

Options
2»

Replies

• nicolelynne92
    Options
    anyoneee??

1) your protein setting seems high to me.

go here. read this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

2) for protein, there are many good sources, but if you were truly trying to hit 150g on 1500 calories, then protein "shakes" would be your best option. i can get 56g of protein for just 350 calories using 2 scoops of whey isolates mixed with milk.

my macros are 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fats. i used the scooby calculator and my TDEE was 2500 so i took 1000 calorie cut to 1500 (which is what i pretty much eat anyway).
  • nicolelynne92
    Options
    QUEST BARS! I promise once you try them you will never turn back.
    Besides that: tuna, chick peas, chicken, protein smoothies (make them green with spinach to make them even better!)

ughh i want to try quest bars so bad!!! i'm afraid i'll eat it, and love it, and then i'll be broke because they're too expensive haha
  • nicolelynne92
    Options
    I have a very hard time getting enough protein myself. Some of my go-to foods are plain greek yogurt (23 g. per cup), lowfat cottage cheese (32 g. per cup), So Delicious Almond milk (5 g. per cup), eggs, egg whites, skinless boneless chicken breasts, low fat cheese sticks (6 g. per serving), almonds, fat free milk (8 g. per cup) and protein powder (18 g. per scoop). I make my smoothies with 1 c. greek yogurt, 1 c. almond milk, 1 scoop protein powder, a big handful of baby spinach and 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries - comes in at 47 grams of protein, 340 calories and 3 grams of fat. Good luck!

oooh i'll have to try your protein smoothie recipe!! sounds so delicious.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My staples (and pretty much all I eat, I'm kinda fussy):

- chicken breasts
    - tuna
    - protein/whey shakes (usually with 1% milk)
    - greek yogurt (you can mix in some unsweetened cocoa and splenda or stevia, freeze it for 30-45 min and YUM!)
    - cheese
    - eggs
    - nuts
    - lean beef

Plus some veggies or Greens+.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I've recently added cottage cheese (low fat) into my diet and it's got tonnes of protein, and as a bonus my calcium intake has increased, too!
  • beckywilliams1967
    beckywilliams1967 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump