Went on holidays and the aftermath is killing me ,help!!

Hey pals!
Me and my family went on a 3 week holiday and I just completely let myself go and I had also just started a new birth control pill - The aftermath = 10lbs gained 😞
Yes I had a blast and really enjoyed every bite I ate . It was wonderful .
But Now we are back and I have been eating good for a whole week and the weird thing is that weight keeps going up by .1 daily!
I feel like I have failed , I been tracking for 4+ years and yet I couldn’t eat in moderation for that period eventhough I knew this was going to happen ... I was ok with the weight gain but now that the scale keeps going up i lost it and im feeling depressed...and I have stopped that dumb bc pill (Tri Cyclen) because I just couldn’t take all the symptoms anymore
What happens to u after holidays? Any tips?
I need some reassurance to stay on track and not give up ! Feeling so down because of this :(

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Eat it. Enjoy it. Log it. <3

This too shall pass.
  • ohbeautifulqueen
    ohbeautifulqueen Posts: 8 Member
    Mita, So glad you shared! I am going on vacay tomorrow for 4 days and your story will stay with me while I'm gone. But here's what I hope for you:
    You're not a failure, you're human!
    Did you enjoy? Heck ya! Accept that you enjoyed, forgive yourself for over indulging, and move forward.
    If you have been tracking for four years, you know what to do!

Don't beat yourself up. I am amazed at your perseverance for four years! You're inspiring me.
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Mita, So glad you shared! I am going on vacay tomorrow for 4 days and your story will stay with me while I'm gone. But here's what I hope for you:
    You're not a failure, you're human!
    Did you enjoy? Heck ya! Accept that you enjoyed, forgive yourself for over indulging, and move forward.
    If you have been tracking for four years, you know what to do!

Don't beat yourself up. I am amazed at your perseverance for four years! You're inspiring me.

Awww your reply brought tears to my eyes ... thank you so much , i needed this !
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Thank you all for ur words you guys are all amazing
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong but birth control messes around with your hormones, right? And you had side effects, right? And hormones mess with water retention, right?

Just because you stopped it yesterday doesn't mean the hormones are back to norm today!

What does the holiday have to do with anything, other than as a side story :lol:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    mita271 wrote: »
    Hey pals!
    Me and my family went on a 3 week holiday and I just completely let myself go and I had also just started a new birth control pill - The aftermath = 10lbs gained 😞
    Yes I had a blast and really enjoyed every bite I ate . It was wonderful .
    But Now we are back and I have been eating good for a whole week and the weird thing is that weight keeps going up by .1 daily!
    I feel like I have failed , I been tracking for 4+ years and yet I couldn’t eat in moderation for that period eventhough I knew this was going to happen ... I was ok with the weight gain but now that the scale keeps going up i lost it and im feeling depressed...and I have stopped that dumb bc pill (Tri Cyclen) because I just couldn’t take all the symptoms anymore
    What happens to u after holidays? Any tips?
    I need some reassurance to stay on track and not give up ! Feeling so down because of this :(

I usually put on some water weight due to eating out more (sodium) and also airplane bloat. 10 actual Lbs of fat would be hard to do in 3 weeks...most of it is water weight.

Also, I'd wager that starting the new birth control pill has more to do with this than your holiday. BC pills can really jack with your hormones and as you stated, you had other side effects. I'd say your hormones got whacked and it's causing water retention. If you recently stopped the pill, your hormones will have to re-regulate.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    I went on a two week all inclusive this past winter. The damage: 6-7lbs. I went back to my normal routine, nothing extreme, and it was gone in 2 weeks. Yours will go too! You know how to do this. Stay calm and continue to track and eat on your plan again.
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm sure that most of what you are seeing on the scale right now is water weight, as others have said. Unfortunately, water weight can take quite some time to release, especially if your diet is higher in carbs and sodium. I struggle with water retention often and know how frustrating this can be.

It seems that despite your "eating good", you are still retaining water which is why the number on the scale keeps going up. What is "eating good" to you? How have you been eating this past week? Have you been tracking your caloric intake and expenditure?
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Patience. Keep going and see where you are in a months time.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    For some perspective: travelling bloat, especially by plane tends to stick around for about a week for me. Going off birth control = menstruation = water weight gain. Some pills actually reduce water weight in a lot of people, like Yasmin. This might have happened with your pill as well.