Fruits & honey madness

Options
Mixing fruits is my favorite thing to do when bored I like to play around βœ‹πŸ»πŸ˜„

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Nice salad! I've never tried honey on fruit, just a bit of sugar or balsamic on strawberries. I'm a veggie nut though.
  • KattyOk
    KattyOk Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This looks absolutely amazing, pal, I will try it next morning after I go shopping for some juicy fruits. After I read about honey and it’s benefits some time ago on ExploreMeNow I started eating some honey before breakfast, and I never got ill from that time, it really boosts immunity system
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    OP's photo shows a nice photo of mixed cut up fruits - what we call fruit salad here, not sure if that is term everywhere?

I often have similar, usually with small amount of low fat icecream - but obviously could have it without.

I dont put honey in it myself - although come to think of it, I do like honeyed banana and honey cooked with chicken/veggies in stir fries and honey on toast or crumpets and a dash of it in herbal teas.

Yummy yes. IMO anyway.

Special immunity or other magic benifits? - NO

• guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yum, I thought I was the only one who did this! :smiley: It's also good with honey & a dash of lime! :wink:
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I just take a half pint container of Driscoll's raspberries or blackberries and drizzle over a teaspoon of raw honey.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    OP's photo shows a nice photo of mixed cut up fruits - what we call fruit salad here, not sure if that is term everywhere?

It's fruit salad in the US. We wouldn't normally add honey to a fruit salad, though (at least not in my experience). (I probably wouldn't add honey to fruit in general, as I think fruit is sweet enough.)

I do like honey in some mostly savory recipes and grew up having it on biscuits (American biscuits), although I haven't used it that way in ages (I almost never eat biscuits and if I did and put anything on them it would be butter).