Exclude specific days from week view

Options
I like to use week view but I wish it didn’t include days I didn’t log or only partially logged. For example, when viewing your weeks net calories it will make them appear lower than they actually are due to the missing day.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I like to use week view but I wish it didn’t include days I didn’t log or only partially logged. For example, when viewing your weeks net calories it will make them appear lower than they actually are due to the missing day.

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish but I suggest using a spreadsheet if you want to do some sort of custom plan.
  • EatingMyDInner
    EatingMyDInner Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish but I suggest using a spreadsheet if you want to do some sort of custom plan.

I am tracking protein and fiber predominantly. I want to look at average daily intake over a week period. Now and again I miss a day. If I eat 100g of protein for 6 days and don’t log a day, it will indicates that I consume 85g/ day (600/7). So no, not useless. Also I bought the subscription so I wouldn’t need to use spreadsheets. It would be a very helpful feature and I’m hoping there is a way to do it.
  • EatingMyDInner
    EatingMyDInner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    I don't understand. If you're missing days and only partially logging then your weekly totals are meaningless anyway.

Please see my response to NovusDies below for further explanation. Thanks!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Incomplete data provides meaningless or at the very least unreliable and inaccurate results.

for example:
    Mon - 110g
    Tue - 115g
    Wed - 95g
    Thu - ??
    Fri - 120g
    Sat - 100g
    Sun - ??

If Thur you had 90g and Sun you had 85g then the week would average at 102g
    If however Thur you had 130g and Sun you had 140g then the average would be 115g

So unless you provide all the relevant data for the week you can't know what your average for the week actually came to be.

You really only have 3 options
    1. Accept that when you miss days you can't get a weekly average.
    2. Don't miss days so you can get a weekly average that's accurate and useful
    3. Guess at a number for the days that you miss and accept that the average you're getting is likely inaccurate but slightly better than a random guess.