Garmin Watch Doesn't Update :(

The Garmin Watch updates the steps I do, but not the calories from them.

Replies

• DivaDreamer77
    DivaDreamer77 Posts: 76 Member
    edited July 2019
    Any help would be appreciated. I reinstalled both apps already.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    I assume you do have both accounts linked in MFP? Just checking the obvious thing first!
    If so, are you logging enough steps to add up to a calorie burn?
    I often need to force mine to show exercise in MFP by clicking on diary, then back to home again, to refresh the values.
  • DivaDreamer77
    DivaDreamer77 Posts: 76 Member
    CM_73 wrote: »
    I assume you do have both accounts linked in MFP? Just checking the obvious thing first!
    I often need to force mine to show exercise in MFP by clicking on diary, then back to home again, to refresh the values.

Garmin updates my steps taken correctly on MFP, just not the calories burned from them.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member

Garmin updates my steps taken correctly on MFP, just not the calories burned from them.

Then you probably have not taken enough steps to earn extra calories according to your MFP activity level.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »

Then you probably have not taken enough steps to earn extra calories according to your MFP activity level.

Agreed.

When you setup your MFP profile, you set a certain activity level... basically telling MFP how active you *plan to be*. Your Garmin is tracking how active you *actually are*. MFP will only update if/when those 2 things are significantly different.