Day 3: Unexpected

JordanS9592
JordanS9592 Posts: 94 Member
edited July 2019 in Motivation and Support
Yesterday started out nice, but ended in a tough spot. I tracked all my food and stuck to the plan, but went over my calories a bit. I need to be more precise, but I will correct that today. So I work teaching summer school, but I also work security on the side to help pay the bills. Last night, I was on my way to a midnight shift, when all of a sudden my car stopped working. Not only did I not get paid for last night, but I also had to pay to get my car towed to my house. I don’t know what will happen to my car or how expensive it will be, but I know this; in life, stress happens. A month ago, I would have reached for the tub of vanilla ice cream, microwaved it until it tasted like soft serve. and downed that bad boy in ten minutes flat, adding another layer of lard and misery on top of my stress. However, someone on this forum told me that if food isn’t the problem, it’s not the solution. These are smart words. Besides, I have a greater hope in Jesus. I plan on walking to the gym, then going for a swim, and staying under my calories. With God, all things are possible.

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    With God, all things are possible.

Thanks. I needed that today.

Good going. Odd how context changes certain things. A disabled car is a pain in the neck. But also an opportunity.
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yesterday started out nice, but ended in a tough spot. I tracked all my food and stuck to the plan, but went over my calories a bit. I need to be more precise, but I will correct that today. So I work teaching summer school, but I also work security on the side to help pay the bills. Last night, I was on my way to a midnight shift, when all of a sudden my car stopped working. Not only did I not get paid for last night, but I also had to pay to get my car towed to my house. I don’t know what will happen to my car or how expensive it will be, but I know this; in life, stress happens. A month ago, I would have reached for the tub of vanilla ice cream, microwaved it until it tasted like soft serve. and downed that bad boy in ten minutes flat, adding another layer of lard and misery on top of my stress. However, someone on this forum told me that if food isn’t the problem, it’s not the solution. These are smart words. Besides, I have a greater hope in Jesus. I plan on walking to the gym, then going for a swim, and staying under my calories. With God, all things are possible.

When I was reading halfway through I was about to say something similar.

Now you get to walk to the bus stop, walk to work, walk to things near by, lots more walking, lots more calories burned, lots more weight lost.

All the best
  • JordanS9592
    88olds wrote: »
    With God, all things are possible.

Thanks. I needed that today.

Good going. Odd how context changes certain things. A disabled car is a pain in the neck. But also an opportunity.

Thanks for the inspiration @88olds
  • JordanS9592
    @Rammer123 Yes, walking is a huge blessing. Low impact and enjoyable, especially during the summer.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully it's not too expensive.

More importantly, you should be VERY proud of yourself for not reaching for the ice cream! Every success builds your confidence.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    It is a win that you recognize you used to emotionally eat and now you are not. I, too, really hope your car won't cost a lot of money to fix. Life does happen.. it is always something and we just have to stay calm and in control. ( a sense of humor helps too. :)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Chances are that any additional walking you do will cancel out whatever calories you went over yesterday. I would also keep in mind that perfection is not required for weight loss so going over "a bit" is seldom a problem until you get really close to your goal.
  • JordanS9592
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully it's not too expensive.

More importantly, you should be VERY proud of yourself for not reaching for the ice cream! Every success builds your confidence.

Thanks for the boost
  • JordanS9592
    It is a win that you recognize you used to emotionally eat and now you are not. I, too, really hope your car won't cost a lot of money to fix. Life does happen.. it is always something and we just have to stay calm and in control. ( a sense of humor helps too. :)

You’re right. This weight loss thing is all mental
  • JordanS9592
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Chances are that any additional walking you do will cancel out whatever calories you went over yesterday. I would also keep in mind that perfection is not required for weight loss so going over "a bit" is seldom a problem until you get really close to your goal.

Thank you. And I think I will become more disciplined over time. Did some extra walking too.
  • haydennorris04
    haydennorris04 Posts: 28 Member
    I use to live close to where I worked and walked or biked all the time, everywhere. Now I'm in a relationship and live further away so we carpool. I miss my walking and biking it was my alone time. Now I domt get it and it not only effects my physical health but my mental too. Tale advantage of it while you can! Keep it up!