How much water

I’m trying to loose weight and want a lot of my consumption to be water. I’ve gotten tones of different answers on how many bottles of water I should be drinking a day. Right now I’m 5,3 175 wanting to get down to 140 I’m drinking 4 bottles a day I feel like I should be drinking more? Help? :|

Replies

• Marissaf1990
    Marissaf1990 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m drinking 16.9oz water bottles those regular plastic water bottles you get in the big pack at walmart trying to drink 4 a day.
    I’ve heard upping your water intake makes you feel and noticeably look better
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Great information above OP.
    Also, it can depend on the weather, if your sweating a lot you need to keep well hydrated. You get water from the foods you eat as well as beverages you drink. The color of your urine is a great indicator as the posters above explained, so pay attention to that.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Drink when you’re thirsty, or if your urine is dark other than first thing in the morning. There is no benefit to drinking lots of water beyond that.

Drinking water does not directly affect fat loss, though it may help with things like feeling full.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    Drink when you’re thirsty, or if your urine is dark other than first thing in the morning. There is no benefit to drinking lots of water beyond that.

Drinking water does not directly affect fat loss, though it may help with things like feeling full.

If you are really hot and/or sweating you should go ahead and drink some too. Thirst cues are not always fast enough if you are losing hydration really fast.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    rummyqueen wrote: »
    Actually everyone should be drinking 8 cups of water a day. I am 5 foot four I was 171 pounds I am 151 pounds now and I drink between five to sometimes 8 to 10 bottles of water a day. I do eat my breakfast I have a small lunch and small dinner and in between meals I also drink water before and after.

Based on what?

• VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Actually everyone should be drinking 8 cups of water a day. I am 5 foot four I was 171 pounds I am 151 pounds now and I drink between five to sometimes 8 to 10 bottles of water a day. I do eat my breakfast I have a small lunch and small dinner and in between meals I also drink water before and after.

This is not true; everyone doesn't need to drink 64 oz of water a day. You may need to, I typically don't and drinking too much liquid can cause me issues. I think it's best to go buy thirst cues and urine color.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member

Really, it depends a lot on the season, and what climate you live in. Also how much fruit and vegetables you are eating. In winter, you probably aren't going to be drinking as much as in summer. In the tropics you are likely to sweating, that never happens where I live. Fruit and vegetables are laden with water. It's not a simple "drink x litres of water".
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    I’m trying to loose weight and want a lot of my consumption to be water. I’ve gotten tones of different answers on how many bottles of water I should be drinking a day. Right now I’m 5,3 175 wanting to get down to 140 I’m drinking 4 bottles a day I feel like I should be drinking more? Help? :|

What makes you feel like you should be drinking more water?
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    I literally only drink water at the gym. Rest of the time its tea, diet soda and wine. My wee shows I'm perfectly hydrated.

Also, you can drink too much water which can cause sodium levels to drop and bring on a heart attack. So more water isn't always better.