Crunch Challenge - Week 5 Check in - Join us!

AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Time to check in with our progress!

For new people, here's the challenge...
Daily crunches, push ups, and lunges! We are posting our waist measurements to follow our progress on the crunches!

Crunches - 100 per day (or more or less to start - try and build up 100+ per week)
Push Ups - 50 per day (or more or less to start - try and build up 10+ per week)
Lunges - 50 per day total (or more or less to start - try and build up 10+ per week)

It's never to late to join in! Give your metabolism a little jolt in the evening!
:smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• AJCM
    Time to check in with our progress!

For new people, here's the challenge...
    Daily crunches, push ups, and lunges! We are posting our waist measurements to follow our progress on the crunches!

Crunches - 100 per day (or more or less to start - try and build up 100+ per week)
    Push Ups - 50 per day (or more or less to start - try and build up 10+ per week)
    Lunges - 50 per day total (or more or less to start - try and build up 10+ per week)

It's never to late to join in! Give your metabolism a little jolt in the evening!
    :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • AJCM
    Week 5...

Starting waist measurement = 29.5"
    Today's measurement = 28" :smile:

9 lbs lost so far...

How's everyone doing? Tiangelah? You still here?:flowerforyou:
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    I'll join. but a couple of questions?

are lunges better than squats? I can do squats fine, but lunges seem to hurt my knee a bit.

also, are we measuring at the biggest part of our waist, or our "true" waist? (which for me is the smallest part of my waist.. my pooch is at/below my bellybutton)

thanks~!
  • AJCM
    Hi Lonely P - are you extending your knee past your ankle? Squats are good too! Do whatever combo you like! I find the lunges much more challening, that is all.
    :smile:

Glad you are onboard!

Where is everyone?
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    28.5! Yipee :tongue:

Lost 3lbs last week on new program!

LonelyP, I measure at my bellybutton so that the spot doesn't change as I lose weight.
  • Hi. I told my mom about your crunch challenge and my mom, my brother, and I were having a contest to see who could do it. So much fun. Thanks
  • Nothing new to report for me. I was on vacation last week and my goal was to mantain my weight. I did that...So no loss. Hitting hard this week, though!
  • AJCM
    Natileebee - good work on maintaning while on VACATION!!! :tongue:
    Arianne - congrats! :flowerforyou:
    Tesh - welcome! :smile:
    Lonely - how are you doing? :smile:
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Waist 31 inches (belly button)

I'm doing well. Did 100 reg crunches yesterday, plus 60 oblique crunches on each side.

did 45 "girl" pushups
    and 45 squats

but also did a 45 min long spin class which really works my legs.

Today I did... well an hour long "core conditioning" class. so.. I didn't count. but a lot of pushups, squats, lunges, crunches, plus triceps, back, etc.

I'll do a final set before I go for my jog this afternoon to make sure I hit my mark on everything.
  • I'd love to join ya'll, but I can't seem to do crunches with out straining my neck. Any pointers?
  • AJCM
    Bre&CJ'sMom... Hmmm... I know the neck strain is common - I'm guessing you are already really trying to focus on the abs and take the pressure off the neck? And you're not pulling on your neck, right? You might benefit from some of the those ab machines/devices that ensure your form is perfect, like "The Ab Roller" or the "Ab Lounge". Hope that helps some... :flowerforyou:
  • ok...thanks. I think my Granny has one of those things in her garage. That lady has everything. :tongue:
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Can I join?

My waist is:embarassed: 50 inches:embarassed:

I want to shrink my tummy!:sad:

So do we do 100 crunches a day?

When do we check in?

is it ok for me to use an exercise ball for crunches?

I'm so nervis l don't no if l can do it!:embarassed:

Mary:noway:
  • AJCM
    Mary - WELCOME and YOU CAN DO IT!!!! OF course you can do it! The ball actually makes the crunches HARDER and gives you great form (to balance on the ball works all the muscles of the core, and more effectively than crunches on the floor). :flowerforyou: We check in Mondays.

Start with 50, or 20, or 100, or whatever you can do, and work your way up! I started with the hundred, and am now at 600. Push yourself, as it is kind of fun, and like a challenge for yourself. You're only competeing against yourself, and it's very satisfying to surpass your previous goals!

When I started the push ups (I still do the "girl" push ups) I could only do about 7, and I now do 50 - with some rests in between - but still working my way up! I'm going to one day be able to do a full out push up!
    :tongue:
  • Sinnettfamily
    Sinnettfamily Posts: 79 Member
    Can I join. I love challenges. I'll start tonight. Not too worried about the crunches as I do lots now but the pushups are going to be the tough one. Lounges too. Well I will start tonight. We post on Monday our results? Our we just posting inches in waist or both inches in waist and weight??

Inches in waist is 38.5.. Hopeing to be in the low 30's one day!
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    I would like to join this challenge.

My waist 39 inches:embarassed:
    I would love to have a flat stomach. Maybe there will be a small change on Monday.:smile:

Pam :drinker: :drinker:
  • AJCM
    Sinnett and Meme - Welcome! Post whatever info you prefer; we're all hoping to see some changes!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Hi everyone -- I'm in!

Right now I'm at 29" ....

Great Idea!

Jayme

:happy:
  • Sinnettfamily
    Sinnettfamily Posts: 79 Member
    Check in day!

I lost 3lbs this week so close to the 140's now!! I haven't been there since oh before my children were born. :sad: I will get there though. I also lost one inch this week! :happy: I did 150 crunches 50 pushups and 50 lunges. I doubled that on Sunday since I forgot to do it on Saturday too many birthday parties to go to that day. :ohwell:
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Check in day:happy:
    I also lost 3 lbs this week, bringing my total to 8 lbs:smokin:
    I did not think I would see a diffrens in inches yet since l only started this chalenge on wednesday.
    but I started at 50 inches:cry: and today l was 49 inches:bigsmile:

wish me luck for this week:flowerforyou: and good luck everyone:drinker:

Mary:smile: