New, confused. Back pain, weightloss, the universe.

Options
Is anyone out there? All posts seem old. I spent 30 mins drafting an introduction, mistakenly clicked on a link before I posted, and appear to have lost it. So, I’m just here!

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Only been on here a month, and that happens more than one would think. Technology devices have gotten too touchy and/or glitchy to be truly convenient!
  • shrinking_amazonian
    shrinking_amazonian Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim! I am new too and just figuring things out as well. Hope your back pain gets better soon.

Cheers & Happy Friday!
  • amberdefond
    amberdefond Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, I have been on myfitnesspal for years but never truly consistent. However, I am desperately trying to get it together!
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hello! I thought this would be more of a philosophical or existential discussion. Back pain sucks. Committedly recording on MFP everything I eat is helping me make progress toward my fitness goals. You’ve come to the right place (although sometimes you’ll need to take the message boards with a grain of salt IMO.) The universe is wonderful and mysterious.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Lol, agreed.

Feeling a little sociopathic, was more empathetic over the typing out long piece of art introduction and losing it, not noticing the title including pain and universe in it.

Back pain does suck!! Used to have extreme back pain for years, spent countless hours in pain centers, pain relieving shots, neurologists, physical therapists, even tried chiropractors (what a joke)! Finally one neurologist discovered, I was mal-absorbant. I started taking taking supplements sublingual (especially b12 and other b vitamins, including controversial ones) pain faded.

Next back injury, slipped herniated disc pinching nerve, bed ridden for over a year, physical therapy, pain MDs, etc...

At end of rope, tried acupuncture, 4 weeks of acupuncture, no more back pain.

That was about 7 years ago!

I think the universe is wonderful!