Day 6: Hopeful

Options
Tomorrow is going to be my first official weigh in with My Fitness Pal. I put a ton of work in, burned those calories, ate clean, now it’s time to see the fruit of it. No matter what the number shows, I am hopeful. I am hopeful in a God who is able. I am hopeful that no matter what life throws at me, stress eating will no longer control my life. I am hopeful that one day soon, I will earn my way onto the success stories forum. But today, all I want is to control myself. I just had a conversation with a close friend that casted doubt on my future career. Truthfully, I don’t know what the future holds. But I do know that if I want to honor God and love my wife, my family, my friends, my students, and my community, I will need the energy to be willing to sacrifice for them. For too long, I have selfishly sacrificed my time, energy, and money for food, my drug of choice. I will no longer let stressful situations such as an uncertain future career dominate my thinking, causing me to spiral into an emotional eating frenzy. That’s not me anymore. I’m a new creation in Christ.