Where are my horse people at!

Options
Hey guys!
Those of us who love our equine friends know there is just something different about horse people. We are a different breed, no matter what breed of horse we prefer (personally, I'm an American Quarter Horse girl all the way!). We are determined and patient, fearless yet thoughtful. How has being a rider/ lover or horses shaped who you are? What is your discipline and favorite breed and why?

Replies

• jennatheraven
    jennatheraven Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey! I too am a horsey person!

I'm in the UK, favorite discipline is Dressage and I have a Highland Pony cross that I rescued when he was about 4 months old (he is now 11 o_O)

Glad there are other horsey people on here! :)
  • priscillab59
    priscillab59 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have 4 horses: 3 appendix QH ages 27, 18, and 13 and one QH/mustang age 10. I love dressage but no longer show. My show horse is the 27 year old and retired. I mostly trail ride now and my newest horse, the mustang, is my trail horse. I have only had him less than a year and he is doing great. Recently, we have been doing a lot of arena work to brush up on his skills--which were lacking when I got him! LOL! He is a lot of fun and a quick learner.

I hope more people post soon and we can all help each other with weight-loss and horse issues!:bigsmile:
  • Link2Life
    Link2Life Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Reviving this thread - looking for some more horse people! I would like to find some like-minded people who are as horse crazy as I am. I'm looking to lose 35 pounds. My goal is to do distance riding and if I expect my horse to carry me 50 miles, I better do my part and lose the weight too. I'm just getting back into horses after 5 years. So. please send me a friend request!
  • msphoebe77
    msphoebe77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here! I'm an AQHA girl myself. I currently own 3 horses and myfitnesspal.com helps me keep fit so I can continue to fit into my show chaps!
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    50centaur-e1276806645140.jpg
  • rhiannon_005
    rhiannon_005 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've ridden horses since I was three. Currently own one...want to loose weight to ride again. Had an injury and gained weight. looking to loose it and get back into riding shape!

I have a fantastic TB that I showed in Amateur Owner Hunters, and a friend showed in Dressage. He is retired now, but looking to get back into jumping. Wanting that jumper! :D

Add Me!!!
  • LadyCopper28
    Options
    "We are determined and patient, fearless yet thoughtful." Yes, horses have been really good for my confidence and mental focus!

I currently have an OTTB; my first horse was a little Arab mare. I tend to think there is some genetic component to being horse crazy because I can't remember far enough back to a time where I didn't love horses. My current horse is a trail horse only and I haven't been riding much at all, unfortunately, but I love cutting and reining and would like to show in those disciplines someday. I love researching all the disciplines and schools of thought, though.
  • rhiannon_005
    rhiannon_005 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My guy was an OTTB. He's awesome. Totally love them. And I agree with the genetic component. I used to throw all my dolls out of my crib, and hold on to the stuffed horses...my mother actually has pictures. :) It's a sick, sick, sick compulsion. and I wouldn't trade it for the world!
  • CanteringSeaHorse
    Options
    I'm a saddlebred girl! My main motivation for losing weight is so he has less to carry around!
  • Florameg456
    Florameg456 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely for fine horses! My girl is an Irish sports, love them! But I find riding alone is not enough excercise and doesn't burn enough calories!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Horse_lime.jpg
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    Present!!

I dont have my own horse anymore but I ride a thoroughbred x clydesdale, He is 16.2hh and an absolute gorgeous gelding.

I find alot of people on here question my burns though.

how many calories do you burn on average in an hour and what are you doing?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I saw a video of a horse yesterday on the forums. It was awkward. It's probably not me you are looking for.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    You couldn't have worse timing with this post.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i wish i had tried horse the last time i was in France. next time i'm there i will definitely try it. i hear its very good.(Bourdain is never wrong)
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Couple of Arabs back home though I haven't ridden for a looooooong time
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    my wife owns 5 horses and does equine photography
  • hilde4
    hilde4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Big horse lover here! Dont ride at the moment unfortunately but will be back on the horse hopefully very soon!! Love thoroughbreds... they are just.. magical! How great is it to be able to combine your workout and passion!
  • nerding4ever
    Options
    Currently have 1 TWH and merging to Peruvians. Love those gaited horses.
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I don't personally own a horse, but a friend has 5 and I trail ride her Clydesdale <3 love him to death.