What is your why?

Options
So today I stepped on the scale to find out I lost my first three pounds. I am on this journey to honor God, be healthy for my family, look attractive for my wife, have more energy, and I may join the army. What is your reason for losing weight or staying fit?

Replies

• fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I exercise a lot, but have gained 20lbs over the past 3 years thanks to poor diet choices. I’m embarrassed at the gym in my gym clothes, and it’s hard to find clothing I feel good in when I get dressed in the morning. I’m tired of it and want my confidence back. Plus I work too hard to look so out of shape.
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I’m on my weight loss journey because I want to feel better and look better.
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Definition and to cycle up hills much faster, period (as our transatlantic colonials say)
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    awdouth wrote: »
    My son needs me. 'Nuff said.

Nothing else matters.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Being fit and a healthy weight is more fun than being fat and unfit. 5 years ago I couldn’t walk more than 1/4 mi without pain and rest. This morning I swam 1 mi across the lake then biked a somewhat hilly 8 miles. At age 64.
  • turnpike1920
    turnpike1920 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want me back , since I retired Ive lost my zing .
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    Looking and feeling healthier. I was diagnosed with diabetes two years ago and am hoping to get off medication. I find out next month if weight loss, daily exercise, and diet has helped make a difference. The majority of my older relatives have diabetes. I have a disability and have found I'm moving a lot better from working out so that's inspired me a lot.
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I spent 3 months earlier this year losing weight and achieved my initial goal of reaching a healthy BMI. My weight's stayed roughly the same but I feel I want to lose another stone (14lbs) minimum just to feel better, move more easily and look better in clothes. I'm also looking to get back into dating. I don't require washboard abs but I don't find too much 'squidge' attractive. So I don't expect any potential partner to find it attractive in me either.
  • Polariceflow
    Polariceflow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to live a bit longer than I otherwise might if I keep gaining weight.
  • rednote49
    rednote49 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For the first time I saw myself on security camera and thought "I don't like how I look". Also I don't like having to pay more for plus sized clothes.
  • Harebelle
    Harebelle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Being fit and a healthy weight is more fun than being fat and unfit. 5 years ago I couldn’t walk more than 1/4 mi without pain and rest. This morning I swam 1 mi across the lake then biked a somewhat hilly 8 miles. At age 64.

Well this is goals for sure. Way to go B)
  • JordanS9592
    JordanS9592 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @Pickle107 Moving more easily sounds amazing

@Polariceflow That is a solid reason that I can relate to

@rednote49 I have a closet full of clothes that will fit me when I lose 30 pounds. It is annoying but also motivational.