What do you want to accomplish when losing weight?

Hello so I started this journey about a month ago and lost 29 lbs and 8.5 inches off my waist for my one month check up. I take phentermine so I need monthly check ups to continue. But does anyone have goals they look to accomplish on their way to the finish line? Mine are being able to squat, being able to stand up easily from a low down couch or chair and being able to go down a water slide without being afraid I will be too big . Starting weight 322 but highest pp weight was 334:( I swore I’d never see the 300’a but I let myself and I’m so glad to be out of that range but can not wait to reach the 100’s

Replies

• I would like to look better. I've never looked good shirtless, and I'd like to not be self conscious when I am.
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    I have a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old.

Neither me not their dad are very active but this time I want to set a new norm in our family where we all enjoy being alive together
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    So many things.

But the main one, I want to be fit enough to be able to wipe my own *kitten* and get up of the toilet by myself when I am 96 like my mum.

• xxdieharderxx
    xxdieharderxx Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2019
    Just keep counting your calories.

Spread your meals apart. I like to eat a meal/ snack every 2-3 hours. This means you have to meal prep about a week in advance. (I’d have 5 containers for Monday, 5 Tuesday and so on.) Most my meals consist of chicken breast or talipia brown rice and or sweet Pattato.

I’ll have around 5 meals a day and reach around 1500kcals. I lose about 2lb’s a week.

I promise if you do something like this you’ll lose a ton of weight in no time.

To answer your thread, I’d like to see my abs again 😂
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I just want to be healthier and have more stamina.
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    I've hit healthy BMI and managed to keep it off so I'm happy with that. But I want to get back dating and I simply look and feel better at a lower weight.
  • Jinxy2010
    Jinxy2010 Posts: 9 Member
    I've also started back on Phentermine this week, It seemed to help last time so here's hoping it'll work now that I'm more motivated.

My goal is to get to where I'm excited about getting new clothes again and taking pictures with friends without being embarrassed. Good luck to you!
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    My goal is to look better and not feel embarrassed about my chub. I just want to have a healthy body fat percentage.
  • MichelleMinn
    MichelleMinn Posts: 90 Member
    I own a restaurant. There is one place in the restaurant that gets a little tight when we're full. I want to be able to comfortably maneuver through that point without worry about what part of me might touch what part of them.
  • Nessaleesee
    Nessaleesee Posts: 11 Member
    This is so dumb - but I look forward to the day when the waistband of my shorts or workout pants doesn’t roll down because of my belly. Not the highest issue on my list, but one that comes to mind right now.
  • markiekeys514
    markiekeys514 Posts: 1 Member
    I just started phentermine last week and it has been working well for me also.
    I have noticed a few small things I look forward to when I get smaller;
    • comfortably crossing my legs
    • even putting on my socks has become a little difficult, so I look forward to that changing back lol
    • of course, I want to look better, I own a boutique and sell all these cute clothes and don't feel I represent my brand very well because I don't look great in my own clothes I sell.
    • Can't wait to say goodbye to my plantar faciitis I have in my left heel. I can already feel that getting better and its awesome!

If you ever need a "buddy" to talk to I am all ears :)

• cfforbes327
    cfforbes327 Posts: 9 Member
    Be less self-conscious, look better, feel better about myself, lower BMI, less or no joint pain,
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    I want to buy clothes at the mall. Right now I have to find plus size stores. Also I'm too ashamed/scared to go into stores at the mall and not have anything fit. I'm really sick of paying 3X as much for clothes too.

I'd really like to buy a bathing suit and go swimming again.

I want to feel good about having my picture taken.

I want to go to my next family reunion and have nobody recognize me. =P

I want to go off all my pills. The wellbutrin, the metformin, the stomach stuff. All of it. Sick of them.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    At first, I just wanted to lose the weight..the fat around my midsection that is deemed so dangerous for health.
    Now that I've lost that.. I find I'm weak. I've lost my strength due to diet or age.

So.. I want to be strong again. working on that now.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    My main focus has been feeling better and stronger. I'd really like to get my A1C down enough to go off medication, I'm on the lowest dose now. My blood pressure and resting heart rate are down but I'd love to get them even lower.

I have chronic pain and used to be bedridden and am stronger now, I can do my own shopping, walk at the mall without having to take sit breaks, take out the heavy green waste garbage can, things like that. I want to get passed using the "wussy" dumbbells at the gym! I didn't think I'd focus much on appearance, but clothes shopping and actually fitting into clothes the first time I try them on is awesome, I'm hoping to go down a couple more sizes on the bottom. I want to look healthy!
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 338 Member
    Lifestyle change.

I had good habits years ago but they slowly diminished over time and I haven't been able to successfully reintegrate exercise and eating healthy as a weekly practice. I want the changes I'm making to become a permanent part of my life.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Keep up with my husband who is 10 years younger and 50 lbs lighter.

All my workouts are really just training for our next vacation.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    6 pack abs even when I'm sitting down.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    I want to buy clothes at the mall. Right now I have to find plus size stores. Also I'm too ashamed/scared to go into stores at the mall and not have anything fit. I'm really sick of paying 3X as much for clothes too.

I'd really like to buy a bathing suit and go swimming again.

I want to feel good about having my picture taken.

I want to go to my next family reunion and have nobody recognize me. =P

I want to go off all my pills. The wellbutrin, the metformin, the stomach stuff. All of it. Sick of them.

This was a HUGE deal for me. My doctor took me off all the meds when I'd lost about 50 pounds out of 100. I had been on medication for high cholesterol, high triglycerides, borderline insulin resistance with PCOS, and really freaky migraines that I can ramble about if anyone cares. I'm on year four of no pills.