2020 bride needing help!

I recently got engaged and we have booked our wedding for May 2nd next year- yay!
The downside however is that I am about 15 pounds heavier than I was at my happiest (not my lowest) and now I have no idea where to start and feel like I have no one holding me accountable. My bridesmaids are all in very different starting places, having just had babies or already where they want to me, so I don’t feel like I have anyone to moan to/lean on for support. And my fiancé has no weight to lose and no interest in dieting either.
Anyone in the same position and want to help a sister out?

Replies

• Liv2S
    Liv2S Posts: 3 Member
    Hey,

Yes!!! Very much in the same situation, I got engaged this year and have a date booked for next year...08/08/20! Two years ago I lost about 14 pounds and was feeling really confident but then things started to slip, life happened and I just kept comforting and rewarding myself with food. Now I am determined to lose 28 pounds before I get measured for my dress! I have sabotaged myself so many times so have come back to my fitness pal to try and hold myseld accountable. My fiance eats what he likes and actually finds it hard to put on weight...but he is not a snacker like me!

How are you getting on?

Tomorrow is another day 1 for me...but it is going to be the last day 1 (I hope). I plan to eat what I want when I want as long as I log it and don't go over my calorie plan. I did this before and ended up eating loads of healthy food and the weight just dropped...or so it seemed at the time. Definitely feeling harder now.

Fat bride to fit bride in a year...bring it on.

I don't know what motivation I can offer but maybe knowing there's someone else out there also pushing towards change will help us both.

Sending positive thinking and motivation.

Sarah.
  • daisyalice92
    daisyalice92 Posts: 3 Member
    Yep, sounds exactly the same as me!

When we got engaged I instantly got ‘the fear’ and combined with being super busy I managed to lose 6 pounds.. which is now back on! so I’m back to square one.

I have tried on dresses once and felt so horrible in them all and it won’t be long before I have to decide on one 😭

Hopefully we can keep each other on track!!