Tired of restarting

Options
Hello everyone!

I’m probably not the only one who’s restarted many, many times am I? It’s grown to be really annoying to me and I’ve finally reached my point of stopping this trend for myself.

My name is Chad, that name is way too common huh? I’ve got two beautiful daughters who are two and four. They’re part of my motivation to stay accountable and on track and I’m also doing this for MYSELF.

I’ve been overweight/obese for many many years and I’m finally stepping up to keep myself in a better regard. I want to look better and few better and also feel more confident than I do.

Here’s to losing weight in a healthy manner and gaining even more confidence and happiness with myself and my body.

Replies

• SAzzara777
    SAzzara777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd or 4th restart in the last few years. I really like this website even with it's glitches. I know that I feel soooo much better when I am on a reduced calorie diet. My stomach doesn't hurt, I don't get IBS, I look better when I lose the weight, it is just really tough getting it off at 66! The other day I thought, you know that extra serving of whatever, will taste good for about a minute but the way I look when I take off the weight feels good for months! I have got to stick to it this time! Good luck to you Chad.
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Its not a mistake to fail and restart :)
    Just find ur previous mistakes which led u to failure and avoid them, it is good to try new things or strategies how to perform ur dieting something might work for u and u didn't expect it
  • PhiliciousGotCurves
    PhiliciousGotCurves Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats for starting over!! This is my 2nd restart. In my previous go-round, I lost the weight and afterwards, I had all the necessary tools to keep it off, but I just lost the motivation to do so. The weight came back and I was dealing with it up until my doctor said that if I didn't lost some weight and change my eating habits, I would find myself on medication for the rest of my life. No more settling and accepting the extra 40 or so pounds!! So here I am again doing what I have to do to be healthy. Wishing you both success!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    A lot of people start and fail because they try to do too much at once and its overwhelming. A lot restrict too much. You don't really have to restrict a lot to lose weight but most people think they have to live off air and good thoughts. Not true.

A lot of people fail because they expect too much too fast. You didn't get fat in a few months and you won't get skinny in a few months.

Set realistic expectations (.5-1lb of loss a week). Start by logging all of the food you eat for a week. Then start cutting where you can. Don't starve yourself. You can do this without a crazy caloric deficit or exercising for hours at a time.

Good luck!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    @LovePositivity - I also have been the restart type many times but feel with the help of this site and the people on it that I am making sustainable changes this time. Feel free to add me as a friend as I love positivity too😁😁
    Jennie
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    A lot of people start and fail because they try to do too much at once and its overwhelming. A lot restrict too much. You don't really have to restrict a lot to lose weight but most people think they have to live off air and good thoughts. Not true.

A lot of people fail because they expect too much too fast. You didn't get fat in a few months and you won't get skinny in a few months.

Set realistic expectations (.5-1lb of loss a week). Start by logging all of the food you eat for a week. Then start cutting where you can. Don't starve yourself. You can do this without a crazy caloric deficit or exercising for hours at a time.

Good luck!

QFT!
    To add to this, another common reason is people think one bad day somehow undoes all the progress they've made. You don't have to follow any plan perfectly to lose weight. Everyone has bad days - folks who reach their goal simply own and log the bad day, learn from it, and then get right back on plan.

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each sub-forum, lots of great info there, especially this one:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1