What is the right weight to start build muscle

Options
ealjalal
ealjalal Posts: 2 Member
Hello everyone

My name is Ekram, I am 33 years old, my weight is 59 and my height is 160.

My concern is, Should I start build muscle with this weight or I have to loss some kilos before.

Please advice ??

Thanks
Ekram

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    You're at the top end of a healthy weight range for your height but the range is 110-139lbs (50-63kgs) so without knowing what your current body composition is, it's hard to say.

If are carrying a lot of body fat still then consider a small deficit, adequate protein and progressive lifting program.

If you are already relatively lean then you may be better off checking out the weight gain forum for advice on bulk/cut methods.
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If u r a beginner u might find it easy to build muscles while losing fats simultaneously
    U can start with lighter weights and working on ur form till u become good at it and with time u can add more weights
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Start weight lifting while your losing to keep the muscle you already have. It's always a good time to start weight lifting.

When you're happy with your weight and how you look, then you can start building muscle. It's all subjective
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    ealjalal wrote: »
    Hello everyone

My name is Ekram, I am 33 years old, my weight is 59 and my height is 160.

My concern is, Should I start build muscle with this weight or I have to loss some kilos before.

Please advice ??

Thanks
    Ekram

Start lifting now to preserve the muscle mass you have now and get some noob gains. In regards to doing an actual bulking cycle with a calorie surplus, that's not really about how much you weigh...it's about your level of leanness. You would want to be very lean before actually running a bulk cycle...like 10% BF.