Headaches :(

Options
2»

Replies

• amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    No changes to products, and I already take an allergy pill every day. I've been taking 200-400mg ibuprofen about half the mornings, but most days the headaches go away in a few hours regardless of what I do. The few days the headaches lasted all day, nothing I tried helped (obviously). I had a sleep study a few years ago and was diagnosed with a sleep disorder, hence my extensive bedtime routine. I wasn't diagnosed with sleep apnea, although there's no reason I couldn't develop that in time. I don't think I have it now though, my sleep breathing is pretty normal.

So this morning I didn't wake up with a headache. I changed the setting on my fan, so until I read this thread I thought it was that. However, I think the barometric pressure suggestions make more sense. I live in Seattle, and the weather has been unusually humid, and flopping from unusually hot to winter-style rains back and fourth. Today feels like a normal Seattle summer day, so maybe that's it....
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    It sound s like the headaches my daughter gets when her allergies are acting up and she gets fluid in her ears. You might want to try Flonase daily, it takes several days to really help, but if you have fluid in your ears it will help clear it up.

If you think you might be clenching or grinding your teeth at night the night guard alone might not clear up your problem. I was clenching my teeth so badly that I had to take a muscle relaxer before bed along with my night guard to stop the pain it was causing.

Hope you find the cause and start feeling better!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »
    No changes to products, and I already take an allergy pill every day. I've been taking 200-400mg ibuprofen about half the mornings, but most days the headaches go away in a few hours regardless of what I do. The few days the headaches lasted all day, nothing I tried helped (obviously). I had a sleep study a few years ago and was diagnosed with a sleep disorder, hence my extensive bedtime routine. I wasn't diagnosed with sleep apnea, although there's no reason I couldn't develop that in time. I don't think I have it now though, my sleep breathing is pretty normal.

So this morning I didn't wake up with a headache. I changed the setting on my fan, so until I read this thread I thought it was that. However, I think the barometric pressure suggestions make more sense. I live in Seattle, and the weather has been unusually humid, and flopping from unusually hot to winter-style rains back and fourth. Today feels like a normal Seattle summer day, so maybe that's it....

I'm in Washington also, and yes, where I'm at has been so humid and muggy one day, and then cold the next.