One year in the Books

Options
Well, I've finished up day 365 of my diet. I've logged every meal. Ate a whopping 688,744 calories for an average of 1,886 per day. The good news is I lost 65lbs. The bad news is I only lost 4lbs in the last 4+ months. But, the data doesn't lie. The first 8 months I consumed 1,700 calories a day and lost 61lbs. The last 4 months I've averaged 2,250 calories a day and basically didn't lose anything. My TDEE is around 2,300 so this isn't surprising.

So, I'm ready to start year 2. I know what I need to do - just need to do it!

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is power. (:
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the one year club. I don't know if you have ever completed a year before but I had not and it felt like quite the accomplishment.
  • patrickaa5
    patrickaa5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    No, I've never kept track this long before. I plan to keep on doing it. Still have another 30-40lbs to go, so another year should do it. Just need to get back on track and get those calories back under 2,000 (on average).
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    patrickaa5 wrote: »
    No, I've never kept track this long before. I plan to keep on doing it. Still have another 30-40lbs to go, so another year should do it. Just need to get back on track and get those calories back under 2,000 (on average).

A lot of people might have stopped when they stopped losing (or slowed way down) but you didn't so the next year should be a breeze. I hope you get there.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I’ve determined that once I am at goal I will need to keep logging to keep myself accountable. Always... This used to discourage me, but now I own it. I feel more confident in my ability to keep the weight off. I will happily keep logging. It almost feels empowering to commit to keep logging after goal.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment and you have great data! Keep in mind that by cutting 100 calories per day you could lose an additional 1 lb per month which would double what you've been getting the past few months. 100 calories isn't hard, if that's your goal! Keep it going!