Trintellix, help!

Options
Hey y’all. I was wondering if any of you have tried Trintellix for anxiety/depression and if you feel it impacted your weight loss? Thanks!!

Replies

  • FriendlyNeighborhoodEngineer
    Options
    Trintellix is definitely known for causing weight gain. My own bad eating habits and trintellix cause me to gain weight, but I have been dieting since the end of May on a simple diet of chicken rice vegetables and healthier snacks in between, and I have lost 28 pounds so far. My point is, while trintellix May stack the deck against you a little, it won't harm you that bad as long as you're conscious of your diet
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    awdouth wrote: »
    Trintellix is definitely known for causing weight gain. My own bad eating habits and trintellix cause me to gain weight, but I have been dieting since the end of May on a simple diet of chicken rice vegetables and healthier snacks in between, and I have lost 28 pounds so far. My point is, while trintellix May stack the deck against you a little, it won't harm you that bad as long as you're conscious of your diet

    Thanks. I’ve read that a lot of the medicines will make it more challenging to stick to my calorie goal. I was on Lexapro for 8 months and had a rough time on it. My doctor said this one is supposed to have less side effects. I hope. Thanks for the response!

  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @awdouth congrats on your weight loss!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    the only way you'll gain weight on it is if you eat more calories than your output.
    some similar drugs will cause weight gain because you get a "mind hunger" or it increases your appetite or you feel better so you eat, or you are still not feeling great so you eat comfort food.

    weigh and track all your food. eat within your calorie allotment. play with types of food and find which ones make you feel full.

    I've lost and gained on almost all the antidepressants and antianxiety medication. except remeron. that made me ravenous and i couldn't ignore it.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I have found that my anxiety and depression have lessened in the month I've been here. So, even if you need a med now, you might not later. ❤
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    the only way you'll gain weight on it is if you eat more calories than your output.
    some similar drugs will cause weight gain because you get a "mind hunger" or it increases your appetite or you feel better so you eat, or you are still not feeling great so you eat comfort food.

    weigh and track all your food. eat within your calorie allotment. play with types of food and find which ones make you feel full.

    I've lost and gained on almost all the antidepressants and antianxiety medication. except remeron. that made me ravenous and i couldn't ignore it.
    Thank you for this! I agree with you, I also know that I let it get in my head that I’ll be more hungry on these meds. I need to just get a grip on it.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I have found that my anxiety and depression have lessened in the month I've been here. So, even if you need a med now, you might not later. ❤

    That sounds like a dream! I can only hope. Thank you! ❤️

  • eddied38
    eddied38 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I have found that my anxiety and depression have lessened in the month I've been here. So, even if you need a med now, you might not later. ❤

    That sounds like a dream! I can only hope. Thank you! ❤️

    I can attest to this. My anxiety has dropped significantly in the last month and literally all I've done differently is cut out 90% of the processed garbage I used to eat. A calorie is a calorie in terms of weight loss but I truly believe that we are what we eat, and when we eat junk we feel like junk. I look at junk food the same way I look at alcohol now. It's nice in moderation but it's got some serious consequences for some people. I happen to be one of them.
  • frager2019
    frager2019 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i didn't think of junk food like alcohol. That may help when i go grab something that is junk.