Gym routine

Options
What’s your gym routine? I’m looking to tone my belly mostly any good suggestions?

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    not sure exactly what "tone my belly" means, but you can't spot reduce fat. if you are looking to lose fat you need a calorie deficit to lose overall.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I do Strong Lifts 5X5 with rowing and, on alternate days, either run or use the elliptical.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit to lose the weight/fat. Exercise of your choice for all the other benefits.

If you're serious about a gym routine, I'd suggest 2 things -

First...
    Get on an established program/routine, or one designed by someone who knows what they are doing. Don't go willy nilly or cherry pick exercises from the interweb.

Second...
    Consistency is going to be far more important than the actual exercises you do. You can make a lot of great progress by simply going and doing whatever you can do on a regular basis. Consistently good is WAAAY better than occasionally perfect.
  • julieweberr
    julieweberr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I want to lose fat and built muscle so like the others said you need a calorie deficit to lose fat so I have a good diet plan. Then I go to the gym four times each week and do 30-45 minutes of cardio and spend about 1.5 hours on strength training. I alternate between upper body and lower body each day. For example I will go do 45 minutes on an elliptical then spend about 90 minutes doing all leg/compound training, then the next day work on upper body/compound. I feel it is important to incorporate the compound lifting in there to work more of your muscles at once little bit as well.