Calories for an age

Options
Will a 15 year old gain weight from 2300 cals

Replies

• sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    There are more factors to consider than just age. Height, weight, gender and activity level are all to be considered as well as how old you are.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Also, this site is for adults, not 15-year-olds.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    We don't know the age of OP. However, as a guess, I'd say "maybe".
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    maybe,maybe not.

When my son was about 15 he ate at least twice as much as me and was not over weight.

i was not tracking then but comparing to what I eat now ,I estimate I was eating close on 2000 calories.

So my son probably ate around 4000.

But he was growing in height, and under going the rapid changes of puberty, got close to 6 ft in the end, and was very active - played several sports, rode his bike places, kicked the football around in his lunch breaks etc

but a small petite female of 15 years who doesnt excercise and has completed puberty - quite possibly would gain weight on 2300.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If you are 15, then you need to talk to your parents/pediatrician about your weight related goals. You should not be using MFP since it is only for people 18 and older.

If you are asking for someone else who is 15, then you need to talk to that person’s pediatrician with any concerns you have about their diet and/or weight.