Blufayre
Blufayre Posts: 11 Member
I'm new here.
Trying to change myself πŸ˜…
I have been overweight my entire life.
Wanted that to change.
Hope this works out.

For now I'm trying a calorie deficit diet
Some days its less some days not so much.
Started intermittent fasting
It seems to work with my schedule.
As for working out.. for now I'm not.

I hope I can make friends here and get the support.

Any advices would be great !

Have a good day ya all

Replies

• kloigton
    kloigton Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think the key is to find something that works for you.

We are not all the same and too often generalised information may not be appropriate.

I have tried a number of ways to lose weight in the past some more successful than others.

Currently I have found that IF is not an issue. I have been able to cope with 18:6, only four days in though but no cravings as such.

It suits my lifestyle which means there is more chance that I will stick at it.

I try to walk at least 5 miles a day and hope to do other exercise as I become fitter.

Whatever you decide, all the best.
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Do you have specific questions or just want general advice?

Barring medical necessity, all 'diets' are the same over time. A few dump water right away and change the scale, but that isn't fat loss. No 'diet' has been proven more effective than another in long term (6mo+) study that I know of, so what is most effective is finding something that you can live with because that is what is really needed. If you see it as a 'time you go with less to lose weight' you're going to have a much harder time than if you just accept it as part of who you are now.

It seems like you're already working on that.
  • Blufayre
    Options
    @kloigton yes that is sooo true !
    There is just too much information when it comes to this topic.
    At first I was very confused as to which approach to take.

IF suites my lifestyle too !
    At least for now. I just started it as well.
    But I think I can stick to this more consistently than other plans and methods

Thank you for your advice ❀️
  • Blufayre
    Options
    @gottswald I was just asking generally but also if you can suggest any particular food I should avoid while breaking the fast ?
    Or in this method in general

Because I am really new to all of this !

I cannot give up water. So that's not something I ever considered. To drink less water that is.

I dint quite understand the time phrase.
    But I am not expecting quick results.
    I gained weight over a lot of years
    It doesn't make sense that it will all go away in a month !

Thank you for your advices I shall keep them in mind !
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Blufayre wrote: Β»
    I cannot give up water. So that's not something I ever considered. To drink less water that is.

I understand the confusion, but you shouldn't 'drink less water'. What I was trying to say was that certain diets drop your sodium and carb intake, both of which bind water in your body. You should obviously maintain good hydration, though people will argue what that actually means.

This is the link people usually give for weight vs fat loss and how the scale moves:
    http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

As far as IF goes and what does/doesn't break fasts and what is best to eat when breaking your fast, I'm not sure. I don't do IF. I am sure if you posted asking for advice on how to best to break fast in the appropriate forum (general or nutrition maybe?), you'd get specific answers from others who are doing various forms of IF. There are also groups for Intermittent Fasting you can join.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/groups/browse/search?Search=Intermittent

Best of luck.

• Blufayre
    Options
    Ohhhh thats what you mean by dump water right away, interesting !!

Thank you !
    I shall look into em
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    All diets work if you stick to them but most diets don't work because they are unsustainable and people don't stick to them. So find something that works for you and stick to it and you will be fine. Best to not start something that you can't continue. Logging food here and keeping under your calories and doing some exercise, whatever you enjoy, will work. Very best of luck.