Any recommendations on a reliable scale?

I apologize if this topic is a repeat. I have used a number of digital bathroom scales to track weight loss/gain, and have found them to be frustratingly unreliable (sliding along a range of 3-5 lbs when used multiple times in a 90 second period). If anyone has a recommendation, I would really appreciate.

Thanks!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I like my WW digital scale from Walmart. It seems to be accurate, and I check it with a dumbbell occasionally.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Most scales are pretty reliable, if you're having the same issues with a number of them, could it be that you're not using them in the same spot? If the floor is uneven that might affect it.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Stay away from the ones that supposedly show body fat, bone mass, etc. They are never accurate and sometimes I think the more things a scale supposedly does, the more glitches it can have. You can get a good scale for less than $30. I have had good results from the brand Etekcity for both bathroom and kitchen scales.

Whatever you decide, put it someplace on a hard, even surface and don't move it. They need to recalibrate every time it moves which can throw it off.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I have the original Fitbit Aria (I moved on to Apple Watch ages ago but it still work nicely with the app) and also got a "Weight Gurus" bluetooth scale from Bed, Bath and Beyond that, fwiw, reads about the same as the Aria on any given day. It does show all those water/bone/muscle etc numbers and I know they aren't accurate, but as a sliding scale I thought they might be interesting. As it turns out they don't vary enough to be at all interesting :)
  • See_Reed
    See_Reed Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the recommendations. This has been very helpful.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    I have been using a clear glass digital scale (branded by Weight Watchers that I bought at Costco) for years. In fact, I have 3 of the.

Cheap, accurate and reliable enough for my needs