Help with Interpreting Menu Calories (Milestones)

Options
Panini911
Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
edited July 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Curious what your thoughts are on what the calories listed on these items cover and don't cover. Usually calories do NOT include sides (that's my usual go to) but the way these are written is confusing:

1 - Ginger Glazed Salmon
Freshly grilled salmon topped with ginger soy glaze and grilled pineapple. Served on a bed of Japanese inspired shrimp and egg fried rice with sautéed bok choy (1120 Cals)
So for ONLY the grilled salmon with ginger glaze and pineapple is it the 1120? Or does it include the shring, egg fried rice and bok choy?
What would i log for just the protein (with ginger glaze and pineapple) and xnay all the rest (would sub side veggies at 50cals likely and a side salad)
729 g (serving size)
1120cals
99g carbs
5g fibre
59g protein

2 - Mediterranean Chicken
Freshly grilled chicken breast layered with goat cheese on a bed of baby spinach, kale, chickpeas, grape tomatoes, roasted red onions, basil infused oil and a balsamic drizzle (800 Cals)
again 800 calories for chicken breat and goat cheese? or does that include the bed of baby spinach and so on.
What would i log for just the protein (grilled chicken breat - no cheese) and xnay all the rest (would sub side veggies at 50cals likely and a side salad) )
498 g serving size
800 total cals
43g carbs
12g fibre
68g protein

https://www.milestonesrestaurants.com/en/menu.html

detailed nutritional info : https://www.milestonesrestaurants.com/content/dam/cara/en/milestones-image-library/pdf/Milestones_Nutritionals_Core _05 NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION Final (1).pdf

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    ETA: ok i think i know. a grilled chicken breast (100g) add on is 160 cals so that must be the base of the chicken one. the 800 must include all the rest. Grilled Salmon is 200cals (4ounce) but not sure about the glaze/sauce.

ETA: wow this menu has so many details, the ginger glaze is 130 cals. so the 1120 includes the rest (salmon 200 + sauce 130 = 330).