Starting over

Options
Hi there!

I’m newer to MFP and am looking for others that have some weight to lose to keep me motivated and going. I recently (since October) have gained 10 pounds, and need to start by losing that 10 pounds and more. But my first goal is to lose the 10 that got me here.

I’m newer to calorie counting, and am also trying to walk 40-50 minutes a day, and if not than walking and some other sort of cardio to get to about 50 minutes a day. Once I’ve fallen into this routine of working out and being within my calories I’ll add in more intense workouts. But I don’t want to overdo it to start.

Anyone with suggestions, tips, etc. please feel free to friend me! I could you all the support and motivation! I also love to be motivating to others!!

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    You can do this! My biggest tip is to weigh everything, I didn't do this at first and wasn't losing, turned out I was eating way more than I thought! As far as working out, I schedule a time to do it and stick to it. I do the elliptical and weights every other day, then recumbent bike daily. The first I listen to music that hypes me up, and on the bike I listen to music and read. A lot of people listen to podcasts. If you don't feel like working out but know you should, put on your workout clothes and get ready, then listen to music, you'll be more likely to do it when you're ready to go.

I have 10lbs to go, down 90 from my highest weight. I'll send you a friend request!